How to Close or Manually close a PO NAV 2016

• How to Close or Manually close a PO NAV 2016

Posted by Ronald L McVicar Jr on May 25, 2023 at 11:02 am

I have a purchase order still open that has been fully received and fully invoiced but as stated still open. What is the process to “Close” a purchase order such as this? I found this process below but I do not see “Close” as specified in step #7. Is this just wrong and if so what is the process? Or what am I missing?

——————-

In Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, manually closing a purchase order without invoicing against it can be achieved by adjusting the quantities or values on the purchase order lines. Here are the steps to manually close a purchase order in NAV 2016:

1. Open the Purchase Order page: Go to the Purchase Order list or navigate to the “Purchase Orders” page in the purchasing module.

2. Find the relevant purchase order: Locate the purchase order that you want to close. You can use filters or search functionality to find the specific purchase order.

3. Open the purchase order: Double-click on the purchase order to open it in edit mode.

4. Adjust the lines: In the purchase order lines, adjust the quantities or values to zero for the items or services that have been fully received or invoiced.

5. Save the changes: After adjusting the lines, save the changes by clicking the “Save” button or using the appropriate shortcut (Ctrl+S).

6. Verify the purchase order status: Once the changes are saved, verify that the purchase order status reflects the manual closure. It should indicate that the order is fully received or invoiced.

7. Close the purchase order: If necessary, you can also manually close the purchase order by selecting the “Close” action in the purchase order page. This action may vary depending on the specific configuration of your NAV 2016 system.

Remember to exercise caution when manually closing purchase orders and ensure that all goods or services have been received and invoiced before proceeding with this method. Additionally, it’s always recommended to consult with your system administrator or Dynamics NAV consultant for guidance specific to your organization’s setup.

Amy Hazlett replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Chris Warren

May 25, 2023 at 11:16 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

You can run the “Delete Invoiced Purchase Orders” function to remove it. It will only delete it if it has been fully received and invoiced.

• Ronald L McVicar Jr

May 25, 2023 at 11:22 am
    Up
    Down

So, no “Close” function in the Purchase Order List or Purchase Order page? And the process is this Delete Invoice Purchase Orders?

• Chris Warren

May 25, 2023 at 11:36 am
    Up
    Down

Yep! I never saw a “close” function when we were on NAV 2017. The process that you described above sounds exactly like what the “Delete Invoiced Purchase Orders” does. Once you get through step 6, you can run this function and it will be removed from your open POs.

• Amy Hazlett

May 25, 2023 at 11:42 am
    Up
    Down

If the PO has been fully received and fully invoiced, but doesn’t disappear on it’s own, I will go to Actions, Archive, then Delete it.

• Ronald L McVicar Jr

May 25, 2023 at 11:50 am
      Up
      Down

So Archive then it does not show in the standard Purchase order list but in Achieves? Then as policy allows then it can be deleted?

• Jessie Sanger-Picard

May 25, 2023 at 11:53 am
        Up
        Down

you should confirm that you are set up to archive in the Purchase and payables setup as well.

• Amy Hazlett

May 25, 2023 at 11:54 am
        Up
        Down

Correct.

The discussion ‘How to Close or Manually close a PO NAV 2016’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!