FlowField text size in relation to reference field

• FlowField text size in relation to reference field

Posted by Jonathan Delfraisse on November 1, 2023 at 3:59 pm

We are on BC 14 (on prem). I am finding some of the custom code has the wrong flow field size for size of text. I am trying to use Prism to find field sizes that don’t match, but it is very manual. For example, flow field looking up customer name. Does any one know of a good way to find all of the flow fields that are not the same size of the referenced field?

Jonathan Delfraisse replied 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Cliff McDaniel

November 2, 2023 at 10:07 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@lewisrosenberg can you assist Jonathan?

• Lewis Rosenberg

November 3, 2023 at 11:01 am
    Up
    Down

I don’t know what PRISM is. Sounds like a job for a developer.

• Jonathan Delfraisse

November 3, 2023 at 5:36 pm
      Up
      Down

I am using this: https://stati-cal.com/PrismForCAL
      But it only gets me so far. With the software, you are able to find the usage of a field and go to each one of those usage. But it does not show the field size of the variables using the field in question unless you click on each one. I was hoping for another way to find things like in the picture. This screen shot is from the demo database and it shows the Customer Name in a flow field not having the correct length for the text. So if we were to use this table, it would error out if the customer name is bigger than 50. Any ideas how to find these? It might have to be outside of the Development Environment. Or I might just have to do it manually one by one.

• Saurav Dhyani (MVP)

November 5, 2023 at 4:45 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Jonathan,

You can get a list of flowfields with length –

Using Fields Page 6218, you can filter – Class = Flow field and Enabled = True.

With this information and then using prism will make it easier to find where you need to update the field length.

<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”>** You will have to add fields (Class, Length, </font>Fieldname<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”>, TableName) in page 6218.</font>

• Jonathan Delfraisse

November 7, 2023 at 10:27 am
      Up
      Down

Thank you. That page/table would be awesome if the table and field from the CalcFormula was shown there as fields at least for FlowFields. Other wise it is still each reference one by one checking the size, which Prism will show, just have to click on each of the assignment references and see what the variable or table field length is. It looks like Microsoft might have missed a couple of tables when making the customer name bigger. (At least in version 19 first release).

The discussion ‘FlowField text size in relation to reference field’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!