Error to export EFT payment -Recipient bank account must be filled

• Error to export EFT payment -Recipient bank account must be filled

Posted by Steve Simon on January 13, 2020 at 4:59 pm
    • Steve Simon

January 13, 2020 at 4:59 PM

Dear All,

I have previously sent EFT’s to this vendor and others. No problem. However, since Friday, I keep getting the error when trying to export the payment journal entry: “Recipient bank account must be filled”. Well it is filled. A vendor bank account for this vendor has previously been set up. It worked last month. 

The balancing account on the Journal Entry is my bank account. My bank account in BC is linked with my bank (PNC). The routing number is filled in in bank account setup. Payment Export format is US EFT CCD..

The Payment Method Code on the JE is “Bank”.  The Bank Payment Type for the JE is “Electronic Payment”. The Recipient Bank account is the code for what I had set up for this vendor: a vendor bank account with a bank account number and routing number has previously been set up and has previously received an ACH via Business Central. 
      It has worked in the past. Happy to hear someone’s insight and suggestions.

#Finance #D365BusinessCentral

??

——————————
      Steve Simon
      Pres.
      PDG Consultants, Inc.
      Clearwater
      ——————————

• Kyle Hardin

January 14, 2020 at 7:48 AM

Zoom on the payment journal line with Ctrl-Alt-F1 and verify that the field Recipient Bank Account has a value.

——————————
      Kyle Hardin
      NAV Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      Duluth GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Steve Simon

January 14, 2020 at 2:41 PM

Kyle,
      I opened the Page Inspector on the Payment Journal and indeed the Recipient Bank Account is filled in. “JPMC” is the code for JP Morgan Chase, which is this vendor’s bank. “JPMC” is filled in. Please see screenshot below. 

screenshot of journal

Regards,
      Steve

——————————
      Steve Simon
      Pres.
      PDG Consultants, Inc.
      Clearwater
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Cynthia Priebe

January 14, 2020 at 2:49 PM

Steve,

I can’t provide the specific version this occurred, but even with the bank account on the payment journal line, if it is not defined as the Preferred Bank Account on the Vendor card you will get an error. 

Please check that the Vendor card, Payments fasttab has this account assigned as the Preferred Bank Account. If it is not, fill it in and try again.

——————————
      Cynthia Priebe
      New View Strategies
      “The NAV & BC training and process experts”
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Steve Simon

January 14, 2020 at 10:46 PM

Cynthia, The vendor card does have this assigned as the Preferred Bank Account. Please see screen shot below. Sorry it is blurry.
      EFT’s have been working fine last month. 
      P.S. Shout out to my teachers: Kerry, Amanda, and Kim!

——————————
      Steve Simon
      Pres.
      PDG Consultants, Inc.
      Clearwater
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kyle Hardin

January 14, 2020 at 3:02 PM

There is also a field on the Vendor Bank Account Card called Use for Electronic Payments that also should be set to Yes.

——————————
      Kyle Hardin
      NAV Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      Duluth GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Steve Simon

January 14, 2020 at 10:51 PM

Hi Kyle, Yes “Use for Electronic Payments was checked. Please see screen shot below.
      Was working fine a month ago. MS did 2 upgrades i think in last month. I know one just happened a few days ago.

——————————
      Steve Simon
      Pres.
      PDG Consultants, Inc.
      Clearwater
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Samuel Champoux

January 20, 2020 at 8:46 AM

If it worked fine before and they did updates, you may have to open a ticket with them… 🙁

——————————
      Samuel Champoux
      IT Director
      Drummondville QC Canada
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Steve Simon

January 20, 2020 at 2:54 PM

Samuel,
      Good suggestion. I think the fly in the ointment was AMC Banking. I had set them up last year to help process ACH’s. I set up an account with them and installed their App (Fundamentals). Recently, my account expired (2 weeks ago), which was about the time my ACH’s stopped working. Also I am suspicious because the error was “Recipient Bank Account not filled in”. Well it obviously was filled in for BC. I think the AMC banking app has a shadow table with the same field. Since AMC stopped working, then their code wouldn’t have filled in that field. I contacted AMC support. Not an easy company to work with.
      I’ll keep the forum updated.
      Regards,
      Steve Simon
      PDG Consultants

——————————
      Steve Simon
      Pres.
      PDG Consultants, Inc.
      Clearwater
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Steve Simon replied 4 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Error to export EFT payment -Recipient bank account must be filled’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!