Customer Portal

• Customer Portal

Posted by DSC Communities on January 24, 2017 at 11:00 am
    • Eduardo Diaz

January 24, 2017 at 11:00 AM

Hello Folks,

We would like to create a Customer portal so that our clients can create their own quotes online. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if you have any recommendations. We are using NAV2016. I am familiar with the NAV web services but don’t know if there is a platform already for quotes or orders. Eventually we would want our customers to approve orders, pay online and track order status among other things.

Thanks,

——————————
      Eduardo Diaz
      IT Director
      Minequip Corp.
      Miami FL
      ——————————

• Kris Ruyeras

January 24, 2017 at 1:38 PM

I believe you can bring in add-ons for those or build one from scratch. In the past we’ve used e-commerce sort of platform with Magento and the other is SANA Commerce.

——————————
      Kristoffer Ruyeras
      Director of Business Technology
      Bellegrove Medical Supply
      Redmond, WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Saurabh Shah

January 25, 2017 at 2:01 AM

Hello,

We have done similar of work for some of customers using magneto, woocommerce so it can be possible. it is also possible to develop a tailored web application for the requirement. 

Please let us know your detail requirement on sales@amerdian.com so our consultant can help you on this case. 

——————————
      Saurabh Shah
      Amerdian LLC
      Midlothian VA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Caroline Brichford

January 25, 2017 at 7:18 AM

We are on Nav2009 and are just finishing up with our online parts quoting, ordering and paying website portal, for half of our business the other half is about a month out yet from launching.  We are using our Nav consultants to build out the portal using Microsoft.net.  If your interested in looking at our web site I’d be happy to provide you a sign on (off line) and you can check out our site.  I’m pleased with it and Id also like to hear your input as well on our site.   

——————————
      Caroline Brichford
      Furukawa Rock Drill USA
      Kent OH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ben Baxter

January 25, 2017 at 8:19 AM

Since your “Customer Portal” is more for quoting, ordering, and payment, it sounds like you need an E-Commerce solution.  Depending on your product offering, you may also want to consider a Product Configurator site, where your clients can essentially build their own product/quote.

I tend to think of a Customer Portal as a place to review past orders, look at inventory, check service status, etc.  There are different solutions for this type of portal as well.

In terms of e-commerce, I think Sana Commerce does a good job.

——————————
      Ben Baxter
      Consultant
      Accent Software, Inc.
      Carmel IN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Naveen Reddy

January 25, 2017 at 12:39 PM

HI Eduardo,

The best option is to go with an add-on solution that offers most of the features you are looking for.

You can check Dynamics eShop customer portal solution add-on or others.

Thanks.

——————————
      Naveen Pinnama
      Dynamics eShop Inc.
      Manhattan Beach, CA
      http://www.dynamicseshop.com
      naveen@dynamicseshop.com

——————————
      ——————————————-

• Pavan Kumar

February 3, 2017 at 7:53 AM

Hello Eduardo,

I agree with Kristoffer Ruyeras and Ben Baxter. Sounds like you need an e-commerce solution that allows your customers to request quotes online (among other things). The e-commerce solution should also seamlessly integrate with your Dynamics NAV ERP system.

We might have just the solution you are looking for – E-commerce Growth Engine (EGE). EGE is powered by Magento and seamlessly integrates with Dynamics NAV ERP system. You can refer to the following links for more information:

http://www.i95dev.com/enhance-customer-experience-with-magento-customer-portal/

http://www.i95dev.com/b2b-e-commerce-sales-quote-module-for-magento

http://www.i95dev.com/integrated-ecommerce/ecommerce-for-microsoft-dynamics/

You can reach out to us here – http://www.i95dev.com/contact/ ,if you need more information.

——————————
      Pavan Kumar
      i95Dev
      Bethesda MD
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Customer Portal’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!