CRV charge

• Posted by sandy-uelese on April 17, 2019 at 2:56 pm
    • Sandy Uelese

April 17, 2019 at 2:56 PM

??Hi,

We are a manufacturing company and need to start charging and collecting $0.05 CRV per can sold on some of our items. How can we utilize NAV 2015 to automatically add the charge when the item is ordered on a sales order/invoice?

Thanks!

——————————
      Sandy Uelese
      Sr. Financial Analyst
      San Francisco Bay Coffee Company
      Lincoln CA
      ——————————

• Lewis Rosenberg

April 17, 2019 at 3:24 PM

?You can use Recurring Standard Sales Codes:

• SEARCH for Standard Sales Codes
      • Create a new code
      • Add any items, charge items, or standard text codes (one per line)

• Assign the Standard Sales Code to a Customer 

• Customer Card – NAVIGATE tab > Recurring Sales or Std. Cust. Sales Code (from sales list: Navigate > Std. Cust. Sales Codes)

• On Sales Orders: ACTIONS > Get Recurring Sales Lines or Ger Std. Cust. Sales Codes

——————————
      Lewis Rosenberg
      IT Manager
      Mars Fishcare
      Chalfont PA
      ————————————————————————
      BCUG/NAVUG All-Star
      BCUG/NAVUG Board of Advisors, Chairperson
      BCUG/NAVUG Programming Committee

Twitter: @RosenbergL
      LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosenbergl
      ————————————————————————

NAVUG/BCUG Summit (navugsummit.com)
      Orlando, FL – October 15-18, 2019
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matt Traxinger

April 17, 2019 at 3:44 PM

Granted this probably doesn’t help with the financial reporting of it, but from a simplistic standpoint I would just bump the price by $0.05 and add some extended text to the item that says “Price includes $0.05 CRV charge”.

You could then run Item Sales Statistics for that subset of items (might need a god way to filter) and with a date filter. That would give you your total quantity sold and simple math to calculate the amount collected.

I’d imagine there are more requirements that would make this solution less than optimal, but you never know.

——————————
      Matt Traxinger
      NAV Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      San Antonio TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Lisa Kriewald

April 18, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Hello – 

You may also be able to use Extra Sales Charges, where you can set various parameters:  by Line or by Invoice, by Customer Number, State, you can choose what G/L account to charge to, what item types to bill for, and by the unit of measure.  

For example, if your product is a 6-pack, and you sell as a case of 4 6-packs, you can set up the Extra Sales Charge to be per-unit (bottle or can), effectively billing the customer $1.20 per case.  Since you can set a parameter to be by State, if that same customer places an order shipping to, say, Wisconsin, then CRV won’t be billed for that same item.

And since the Extra Sales Charge can be associated to a G/L account, this allows for easy reporting on the CRV.  (We have a G/L account set up specifically for CRV, and one for every other state that requires this bottle deposit).

Hope this helps!

——————————
      Lisa Kriewald
      Talking Rain Beverage Company
      Preston WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kim Dallefeld

April 21, 2019 at 6:18 PM

Lisa, what version are you using and do you have an add-on product? I don’t think Extra Sales Charge is standard NAV. I love the feature that you are describing and if it is part of the latest version that would be awesome….

——————————
      Kim Dallefeld
      Kim@Dallefeld.com
      Dallefeld Consulting, LLC
      Member of Dynamics Consulting Group
      Ft. Worth, TX
      2019 NAVUG Board of Advisors
      Past NAVUG Board Chairman
      NAVUG Programming Committee
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Lisa Kriewald

April 22, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Hi Kim – We use NAV 2016, but I can chalk this up to “learning something new everyday”.  I was unaware until now that the Extra Sales Charge table we use is a customization, not out-of-the-box or part of an add-on.  But it’s been a great tool for us for things such as bottle deposits, pallet charges, freight allowances, etc.

——————————
      Lisa Kriewald
      Talking Rain Beverage Company
      Preston WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Joseph Flynn

April 23, 2019 at 9:26 AM

Sandy,

We have the same issue here as well. We were able to solve it with a modification to the sales line table and item table. When a sales line is inserted, it checks the item and if the item has a CRV Charge, then it creates an additional Sales Line of type G/L Account.
      I just reviewed the modification yesterday because we are in the middle of a reimplementation from 2009 to 2018.
      I’m curious as well if NAV could support a simple solution out of the box.
      ?

——————————
      Joseph Flynn
      Sr. Dynamics NAV Developer
      Gold Star Foods INC
      Ontario CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matt Traxinger

April 23, 2019 at 9:46 AM

I’ve been thinking about this one more. It’s fun challenge to try and come up with an out of the box solution.

Another option, don’t know if it is simple or not. Maybe it’s just weird. Set the item up with an Assembly BOM? Two lines, the main item and the CRV charge as a resource? I think like my other answer there are probably more requirements than are currently known. Do you need it broken out on the printed invoice for example?

Joseph’s response is probably the simplest if you have to do a modification.

——————————
      Matt Traxinger
      NAV Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      San Antonio TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

sandy-uelese replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘CRV charge’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!