Cannot finish line 10000 on production order

• Cannot finish line 10000 on production order

Posted by Blaine Pennypacker on April 4, 2024 at 2:14 pm

Hi all: Asking for help…

Scenario: A Released Production order has consumption and output posted BUT reversed. All consumption and output is properly zeroed out. We just want to get rid of the production order as it was accidentally duplicated.

Symptom: Obviously, with postings against it, I can’t delete it. However, I would think I should be able to Finish it showing no consumption or output since all entries are reversed and add to zero for each component and output. But, I get error shown in attached when trying to Finish.

Request: Any ideas? Thanks for considering!

Lewis Rosenberg replied 3 weeks, 3 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Chris Warren

April 4, 2024 at 4:33 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

We’ve had the same thing happen. Once entries are posted to the Production Order, I’m not aware of a way to delete them. The workaround I’ve used is to output the item and then do a negative item journal to remove the output item, and then verify everything looks okay from the G/L side.

• Lewis Rosenberg

April 5, 2024 at 9:46 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

I second that! You cannot “Finish” a production order with no output.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!