BC Payment Journal Error

• BC Payment Journal Error

Posted by Vinita Panicker on April 6, 2023 at 11:36 am

Hi I am getting an error in Business Central when I do “suggest vendor payments” under Payment Journal. We have been working directly with Microsoft support team and they haven’t figured out what is causing this issue. They think it is the workflow and we deleted the workflow and it worked for a few hours. When the workflow was put back it gave the error. The workflow has been deleted and the issue still persists. Anyone else encountered similar issue? Below is the screen shot of the error

Vinita Panicker replied 1 year, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Kim Dallefeld, MVP

April 11, 2023 at 10:44 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

It’s really difficult to troubleshoot with just this error message. I would try again and go to Help & Support, then View Last Known Error. This might provide more information. Help & Support is under the question mark, top right.

You do have custom workflows? Or some permissions that limit who can create journals?

• Vinita Panicker

April 11, 2023 at 11:07 am
      Up
      Down

Hi Kim

I do have workflows for general journals and posting invoices. Microsoft support team deleted the workflows, and the error is still there. All other workflows have been disabled.

• Kim Dallefeld, MVP

April 14, 2023 at 10:49 am
    Up
    Down

Did you check permissions? Or the Last known error?

Crazy idea, copy the company and see if the error persists in the copy. Just the company not the whole database.

• Vinita Panicker

April 18, 2023 at 3:02 pm
    Up
    Down

I just got this issue resolved. It was the Workflow that caused the issue and Microsoft had to delete all the workflows and disable binary stream and then add the workflows one by one and it worked. Thank you all for your inputs

The discussion ‘BC Payment Journal Error’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!