BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals

• BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals

Posted by DSC Communities on March 23, 2021 at 6:19 pm

BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    Follow
    Lewis Rosenberg
    Lewis RosenbergMar 23, 2021 10:01 PM
    We’re looking for session proposals for Summit, North America 2021 which is planned for October. The …

1. BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals

NAVUG ALL STAR
    Lewis Rosenberg
    Posted Mar 23, 2021 10:01 PM
    We’re looking for session proposals for Summit, North America 2021 which is planned for October.

The process is a little different this year. If you have an idea for a sessions (something you would like to learn, something you would like to teach, something you would like to present, etc.), please log onto the DAC site at https://mydacfeed.com/. After you are logged on, click your profile picture in the top right corner and click Add Content.

Enter a title, short description, and the details of your submission idea. You can also select yourself or someone else as a speaker (optional) and select a purpose.

Go through each of the tabs at the top of the window. Be sure to select a Category and Tag your submission for D365BC, Business Central or NAV. You can also tag the user group D365BC/NAV.

Click SAVE at the top of the window (if you have an error about selecting a primary category, this may clear the error)

On the Publishing tab, select a data/time to publish, change the DRAFT setting to AWAITING APPROVAL, and click SAVE and EXIT.

——————————
    Lewis Rosenberg
    IT Manager
    Mars Fishcare
    Chalfont PA
    http://www.apifishcare.com
    ————————————————————————
    D365UG-BC/NAVUG All-Star
    D365UG-BC/NAVUG Board of Advisors, Chairperson Emeritus
    D365UG-BC/NAVUG Programming Committee

Twitter: @RosenbergL
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosenbergl
    ————————————————————————
    ——————————

2. RE: BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    NAVUG ALL STAR
    David Wiser
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 01:03 PM
    We would also encourage users to submit ideas for sessions that you want more information about even though you might not want to present the topic. While we would love for more users to present, we know that is difficult for some people. At a minimum we want to make sure we are covering the information you want to see. We look forward to seeing you all in Houston.

——————————
    David Wiser
    Sr. Solution Consultant
    Tigunia
    2019-2020 Board of Advisors
    BCUG|NAVUG All-Star
    ——————————

3. RE: BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    NAVUG ALL STAR
    Steven Chinsky
    Posted Mar 24, 2021 01:07 PM
    Hi All,

Happy Summit 2021 call for Proposal! As Lewis and Dave noted, we want to hear from everyone what kind of sessions you want at Summit 2021, even if you are not the speaker. In Lewis’s instructions, make sure when you get to Tagging your post, be sure to choose “2021 Summit Session” in the “Context” section. All other tags can simply be based on the content of your session. This is important so we pull your submission into the NAV/BC Call for Proposal list.

Lets’ Go NAV/BC Members! Start entering your Proposals 🙂

Thanks,
    Steve

——————————
    Steven Chinsky
    Manager
    Wipfli
    Mansfield MA
    NAVUG/BC Programming Committee Member
    NAVUG All-Star, Granite Award Recipient, MCP, DCMP
    ——————————

4. RE: BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Gregory Alford
    Posted Mar 25, 2021 02:48 PM
    You know, they could have made this a whole lot easier. I would love to have a presentation on how others are doing production scheduling. We are looking at Netronics and Insight Works. However, finding how to create a proposal is far too convoluted.

——————————
    Gregory Alford
    Director of Technical Resources
    Tri Star Metals LLC
    Aurora IL
    ——————————

5. RE: BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Robert Jolliffe
    Posted Mar 26, 2021 12:23 AM
    Hi Gregory,

I think the idea of the proposals is for those who are going to present to propose the topic of their presentation.

I could probably do a presentation on production scheduling. I think there are other products in the market I’ve seen used. Planner One (which has discontinued it’s offer in BC unfortunately), Preactor (which is a custom integration), PlanetTogether (which is also a custom integration), Netronics and InsightWorks. I think InsightWorks is coming out with some new scheduling technology too.

I’d probably want to get into planning in some depth – MPS and MRP. Forecasts, etc. and then talk to the concepts of scheduling including the different levels: Capacity Planning, Production Scheduling and Sequencing and setup time optimization for instance.

Let me see if I can convince my colleague to pitch in. Let me know if this would sound interesting. It might be at a high level. 1 hour is not enough time to get into the depths.

——————————
    Robert Jolliffe B.A.Sc, MCSE, MCS – NAV Manufacturing Expert
    President
    Sabre Limited
    Cambridge
    robert@sabrelimited.com
    http://www.sabrelimited.com
    ——————————

6. RE: BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    NAVUG ALL STAR
    Steven Chinsky
    Posted Mar 26, 2021 08:08 AM
    Greg and Robert,

Thank you for both your comments and throwing your hat in the ring. Greg, I agree it is a little cumbersome and difficult to submit a few lines to submit an idea for a session and if you want to be the speaker. Robert, in all the years we have had a Call for Proposal we have never directed this to speakers only but to all NAV/BC Members and see “what” they want sessions they are looking for to learn from. We took those plus others submitted by members who wanted to speak and the Track Leaders evaluated them all to come up with the best of the best topics and learning experience for the members.

Knowing you both want to submit a session, below is a simple form to fill out that I can add to the submission list from the DAC site. Fill the answers out and send back to me. Big Thank you.

1. Submission Session Title:
    2. Who Should Attend? (i.e. Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, PM, etc..):
    3. Description of Session:
    4. Format? (Presentation, How2, Member Showcase, Deep Dive
    5. Level: (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced):
    6. Presenter/Speaker Referral Name and Email:
    7. Presenter/Speaker Referral Email:
    8. Submitter Name and Email:

Thanks,
    Steve

——————————
    Steven Chinsky
    Manager
    Wipfli
    Mansfield MA
    NAVUG/BC Programming Committee Member
    NAVUG All-Star, Granite Award Recipient, MCP, DCMP
    ——————————

7. RE: BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Robert Jolliffe
    Posted Mar 26, 2021 11:50 AM
    I stand corrected Steve! I’ve only spoken at Summit the 1 time, although I’ve done the Canadian version several times. I’ve always approached it as the person offering the session 😀

——————————
    Robert Jolliffe B.A.Sc, MCSE, MCS – NAV Manufacturing Expert
    President
    Sabre Limited
    Cambridge
    [email protected]
    http://www.sabrelimited.com
    ——————————

8. RE: BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals
    NAVUG ALL STAR
    Lewis Rosenberg
    Posted Apr 22, 2021 02:40 PM
    Edited by Lewis Rosenberg Apr 22, 2021 02:42 PM
    Summit North America is scheduled for October 12th through October 14h in Houston and the web site is up at: https://www.summitna.com/
    Registrations are planned to open in May.

We’re still looking for session idea submissions for Summit 2021. If you have a session idea and would like to present it OR if you just have an idea and would like for someone else to present it, please submit!

You can send submissions to: [email protected]

Please include the following information:

1. Submission Session Title:
    2. Who Should Attend? (i.e. Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, PM, etc..):
    3. Description of Session:
    4. Format? (Presentation, How2, Member Showcase, Deep Dive
    5. Level: (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced):
    6. Presenter/Speaker Referral Name and Email:
    7. Presenter/Speaker Referral Email:
    8. Submitter Name and Email:

——————————
    Lewis Rosenberg
    IT Manager
    Mars Fishcare
    Chalfont PA
    http://www.apifishcare.com
    ————————————————————————
    D365UG-BC/NAVUG All-Star
    D365UG-BC/NAVUG Board of Advisors, Chairperson Emeritus
    D365UG-BC/NAVUG Programming Committee

Twitter: @RosenbergL
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosenbergl
    ————————————————————————
    ——————————

replied 12 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘BC/NAV Community Summit, North America Call for Proposals’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!