Bank reconciliations – BC 14 – Help!!

• Bank reconciliations – BC 14 – Help!!

Posted by Reg Duncan on April 23, 2024 at 2:37 pm

Does anyone use the base Bank Reconciliations in BC14, specifically by importing the bank statements and then Matching Automatically? The Bank Account ledger lines do not have the detail lines from the check ledger, and when I suggest lines and tick the Include Checks box, it puts entries in both the Bank Statement lines and the Bank Account lines and auto-matches them. Has anyone go this to work?

We are trying to upgrade from NAV2016 where we used the e-bank rec addon, but they don’t support CAL in BC 14. Any suggestions would help

David Wiser replied 1 week, 3 days ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jessie Sanger-Picard

April 23, 2024 at 3:22 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@RobbDelprado , @amandamayer , @kimd should be able to provide some help

• Reg Duncan

April 24, 2024 at 11:30 am
      Up
      Down

Hi. Haven’t used this new communities setup before. How could I reach out to the people you mentioned?

Thanks

• Kim Dallefeld, MVP

April 23, 2024 at 5:37 pm
    Up
    Down

Wow BC14, it’s been years…

You should not use both import and suggest lines; not sure that’s what you are doing but the questions was a little fuzzy on that.

The Ledger Entries lines, when bank statement lines are imported, are based on the statement date while , when using suggest lines are based on the date range you give it. It makes more sense to import so that you are really reconciling bank to BC.

When you import bank statement are you getting lines from the bank statement for the checks? The BC lines should populate from BC.

Maybe some screenshots would help.

• Reg Duncan

April 24, 2024 at 11:24 am
    Up
    Down

I am just not sure how it supposed to work. It loads the bank transactions from NAV on the right panel, but only by some weird groupings. This is a payroll account, so there are a mixture of checks and direct deposits. if you select a line you can drill down to see the check ledger entries. how do I get those check ledger entries to not be a drill down but to be a separate line that I can match? In the attached screenshot you can see that check 017586 is in the Bank statement line, and in the drill down for 7/7/23, but how can I match those 2?

• Kim Dallefeld, MVP

April 24, 2024 at 5:44 pm
    Up
    Down

You have something that is posting in summary, you need to post in detail to be able to match at that level.

• David Wiser

April 25, 2024 at 11:20 am
      Up
      Down

Is there a setting that I don’t know about which posts checks in summary to the Bank Ledger Entry table versus in detail? I have always seen individual checks posted individually to the Bank Ledger Entry table.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!