Background Posting

• Background Posting

Posted by John Bellinger on December 19, 2019 at 11:23 am
    • John Bellinger

December 19, 2019 at 11:23 AM

We’ve turned on background posting, NAV2018, for sales and purchases, only for “post” and not “post and print”.

When a job queue entry fails, it’s generally because of table locks.  For those jobs that fail when it’s due to table locks, is there any setup in NAV that will set that job queue entry back to Ready vs. having someone again clicking the Post button on the document that failed?

——————————
      John Bellinger
      ERP Manager
      Activar, Inc.
      Bloomington MN
      ——————————

• DEEPAK KUMAR

December 20, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Hi John,

Workaround to reset the job queue to ready stage is create another job queue that will be responsible to failed job queue entry back to Ready.

——————————
      DEEPAK KUMAR
      BC/NAV Consultant
      AlleTechnologies Inc.
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jason Wilder

December 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM

Out of the box I believe the answer is No.  As Deepak mentioned you could easily have a developer create a job that sets any errored jobs to ready.  Also just mentioning that whoever the last person was to “Set Status To Ready” on the job becomes the owner of the job.  When that user logs into NAV any jobs that they own that have errored will attempt to re-run again. It may (can’t totally remember) automatically reset the Status to Ready after successfully running the second time.

——————————
      Jason Wilder
      Senior Application Developer
      Stonewall Kitchen
      York ME
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Geovanny Fuentes

December 26, 2019 at 5:11 PM

John, I created my own report and assigned it to the Job queue, runs every 10 minutes and loops through all the Job Queue Entries.

1. Checks for job queue entry status = In Process
      2. Checks for job queue entry status = Error
      3. I will see the last job = Success, to see how long that took.
      4. If the current entry has exceed it more than 15 minutes. then Set it back to READY mode with the current time + 1 minute.
      5. I do have a counter if it error 3x don’t keep resetting it, let someone manually see what happened and set it back to READY mode and reset the counter = 0.

Good luck.

——————————
      Geovanny Fuentes
      San Diego CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Doug Shepard

December 31, 2019 at 10:24 AM

We are running NAV 2017.  By default when a recurring job fails the Status remains at Error – but we wanted it to go back to Ready instead.  I accomplished this by adding this code to the SetStatusValue function in Table 472.  Something along these lines might help you?!

IF (“Recurring Job”) AND (Status = Status::Error) THEN

——————————
      Doug Shepard
      Sr. Director of Information Technology
      1517 Media
      Minneapolis
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

John Bellinger replied 4 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Background Posting’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!