Anyone using the Multiple Posting Groups for Customers/Vendors in BC 21+?

• Anyone using the Multiple Posting Groups for Customers/Vendors in BC 21+?

Posted by Chris Warren on June 7, 2023 at 5:42 pm

We have a business case where this would be beneficial, but I haven’t found too much about this feature since it’s new. I enabled the new posting engine (since it’s a prereq), and the multiple posting groups under Feature Management, but don’t see how to configure this.

Anyone have some insight?

Kim Dallefeld, MVP replied 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kim Dallefeld, MVP

June 9, 2023 at 10:00 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

In Sales & Receivable Setup and Purchase & Payables Setup there are toggles to allow multiple posting groups. There is an option that also become available that is supposed to help define how you want to control the groups but I only have Alternative Group as an answer.

Once turned on then customer by customer and vendor by vendor you can allow multiple posting groups with a toggle setting.

I am researching why only one control selection AND where to setup alternative groups.

• David Wiser

June 12, 2023 at 10:35 am
    Up
    Down

Some additional comments. Once you turn on the feature, you turn on the functionality in the S&R Setup or the P&P Setup. Then, you also have to turn it on for the individual customer and/or vendor. On the setup pages, there is only one option under Check Multiple Posting Groups which is Alternative Groups. The alternative groups are set up under the Customer/Vendor Posting Group page. After setting up multiple posting groups, you can assign one or more posting groups as an alternative for another. The alternates are not set up by customer/vendor, but at the posting group level. Not really ideal since you may want to allow different alternate posting groups depending on the customer/vendor.

Another issue is that the Customer Trial Balance, Aged Accounts Receivable, etc. reports are all filtered based on the Customer/Vendor Posting Group assign to the customer or vendor, not the posting group for the transaction. So, if you are trying to balance transactions to the G/L when using different posting group for a customer/vendor, you may have to reconcile manually.

Interesting feature, but not thought out completely (IMO).

• Kim Dallefeld, MVP

June 12, 2023 at 4:50 pm
    Up
    Down

Thanks Dave, I could not find where to setup the Alternative Posting Groups.

I think using this makes it super hard to reconciliation customer/vendor reports to general ledger, IF you are using more than one general ledger account of receivables/payables.

I agree with your opinion!

The discussion ‘Anyone using the Multiple Posting Groups for Customers/Vendors in BC 21+?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!