Gallery automatically showing all items (not only the first 100)

  • Gallery automatically showing all items (not only the first 100)

    Posted by DSC Communities on October 26, 2022 at 10:42 pm

    Gallery automatically showing all items (not only the first 100)
    Fabian Heil
    Fabian HeilOct 26, 2022 05:18 AM
    Hi, I have a gallery that has 500 items. I am collecting it when opening the screen and showing it in …
    1. Gallery automatically showing all items (not only the first 100)

    Fabian Heil
    Posted Oct 26, 2022 05:18 AM
    Hi,

    I have a gallery that has 500 items. I am collecting it when opening the screen and showing it in the gallery.
    The gallery is very slow, so i did some research. I found, that a gallery should only show the first 100 items by default. And when scrolling to the bottom, it loads the next 100

    In my case, it directly shows all 500 items, which i dont need.

    Any idea, how to change that so the performance will be better?

    ——————————
    Fabian Heil
    ——————————

    2. RE: Gallery automatically showing all items (not only the first 100)

    Top Contributor
    Warren Belz
    Posted Nov 10, 2022 08:44 PM
    @Fabian Heil,
    A gallery will load 100 items when filtering directly on a data source ​as for performance reasons, this is what is sent back (batches of 100). If you load a collection (I assume that is what you are loading here) however a gallery will load all the items. If you want less items, just filter the collection accordingly in the Gallery Items.

    ——————————
    Warren Belz
    Queensland Australia
    ——————————

    replied 3 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Gallery automatically showing all items (not only the first 100)’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for peopleĀ  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!