Year-End Update Problems

• Year-End Update Problems

Posted by jfox@dottys.com on January 10, 2023 at 10:30 am

Trying to install the Year end Update

After running “MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4602593-ENU.msp”. it completes just fine.

I run “GP Utilities” and it sees a previous version and wants to proceed with the upgrade.

It does the upgrade to the DYNAMICS DB but when its tries to do the company DB’s I get the waring that I am trying to install an older version and it won’t go any farer.

I checked the upgrade table, and it shows that the DYNAMICS database has been upgraded to the correct version and it shows all the company databases on the older version.

Select * from DYNAMICS..DB_Upgrade where PRODID=0

Company1 0 18 4 1384 18 4 1384

DYNAMICS 0 18 5 1596 18 5 1596

No clue on what my next steps would be?

jfox@dottys.com replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kerry Hataley

Organizer
    January 10, 2023 at 10:44 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

You need to dig into and see if the 18.4.1384 actually finished…
    From C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data go through the file duinstall.log, find the start of the last upgrade and then see if anything didn’t work or finish…
    You could try running KB4576803 – is also 18.4.1384 but with Dec 22 date (Canadian Tax Table update) but still valid for all users or try KB4576805 from Jan 2022 and see if they pass…
    Also look at all products in the DB_Upgrade table, not just 0, the error is not specifically just for product 0.

I know for a systems verification and audit control this file is very important…
    My upgrade steps include:
    1. Before start of upgrade, Copy Current duinstall.log and archive with date
    2. Delete the file duinstall.log – This allows for a clean file to examine after upgrade
    3. Review duinstall.log after upgrade and verify no issues
    4. Copy and Archive duinstall.log after verification

Kerry Hataley

PS Thank You for using the NEW Portal!

• jfox@dottys.com

January 10, 2023 at 11:35 am
    Up
    Down

Renamed duinstall.log

Installed MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4576803-ENU.msp and ran GP Utilities. It did not see any difference in versions and a new duinstall.log was not created.

Installed MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4576805-ENU.msp and ran GP Utilities. It does see it has a new and is starting the upgrade of the companies databases. It also recreated the duinstall.log. it will take a while to complete and I will post results later today.

THANKS

• jfox@dottys.com

January 10, 2023 at 2:02 pm
    Up
    Down

Renamed duinstall.log

Installed MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4576803-ENU.msp and ran GP Utilities. It did not see any difference in versions and a new duinstall.log was not created.

Installed MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4576805-ENU.msp and ran GP Utilities. It does see it has a new and is starting the upgrade of the companies databases. It also recreated the duinstall.log. it will take a while to complete and I will post results later today.

After the upgrade to MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4576805-ENU went well and everything look fine I tried to do the MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4602593-ENU upgrade and ended up with the exact same errors and messages. I am opening a ticket with Microsoft and will see what they have to say.

The discussion ‘Year-End Update Problems’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!