Year End Update error 1909

• Year End Update error 1909

Posted by jfox@dottys.com on January 4, 2023 at 3:43 pm
    • Joel Fox

January 4, 2023 at 3:43 PM

I have a test server running version 18.4 (18.4.1384).  I am trying to do a test upgrade using file MicrosoftDynamicsGP18-KB4602593-ENU.msp.  No matter what I try I have been getting this error. “Warning 1909 Could not create Shortcut Database Maintenance.lnk. Verify that the destination folder exist and that you can access it.”.  Looked everywhere I can think of to find information but I come up empty.  Nothing on the web that I can find and nothing in the event logs.  If anyone can help or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
      Joel

——————————
      Joel Fox
      MIS Supervisor
      Nevada Restaurant Services Inc. DBA Dotty’s
      North Las Vegas NV
      ——————————

• Beat Bucher

January 5, 2023 at 8:43 AM

Hi Joel,
      First and foremost, the GP Database Maintenance utility has been missing from the GP DVD since quite a while.. and if your GP folder was not upgraded from an older GP 18.0 or 18.2 release, then it’s likely that it is missing completely in the program folder..
      Check your program folder to see if you find the file “DBMaintenance.exe” and if it’s not eventually protected with the read-only flag.. but if it’s missing, then you should get a copy from an older GP DVD image (i.e. Fall 2020 or 2019).
      Let us know your findings.

PS: I’ve upgraded countless GP 18.4 to 18.5 and never run into a single problem, except for the REPORTS.DIC & FORMS.DIC upgrade, as the Rep0.txt file contains incorrect / incomplete information. You need to ask for a proper version, because if some mid-year service packs where skipped, you might run into issues to upgrade custom reports. ??

——————————
      Beat Bucher
      Business Analyst, Dynamics GP SME
      Montreal QC/Canada
      @GP_Beat http://www.gp-geek.com
      Montreal QC GPUG Chapter Leader
      MBS MVP (2015-2018)
      All-Star 2013
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Joel Fox

January 6, 2023 at 12:42 PM

Thank you Beat,

The server was a fresh build from when we went to GP version 18 and is running win OS 2019.  Not sure why its having a problem but I removed these shortcuts from the start menu and then it install just fine and added back the ones I removed.

Removed  all of these for good measure before trying to run the file.

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft DynamicsGP 2018Database Maintenance

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft DynamicsGP 2018GP Utilities

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft DynamicsGP 2018GP

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft DynamicsGP 2018Documentationreadme

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft DynamicsGP 2018DocumentationOnline Help

C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsMicrosoft DynamicsGP 2018DocumentationManuals

Thanks for the Help

Joel

——————————
      Joel Fox
      MIS Supervisor
      Nevada Restaurant Services Inc. DBA Dotty’s
      North Las Vegas NV
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

jfox@dottys.com replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Year End Update error 1909’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!