SOP Email Error about Position Code

• SOP Email Error about Position Code

Posted by Samantha Higdon on February 7, 2024 at 11:19 am

Hi All,

We are receiving the error below when trying to send a SOP invoice via email.

1.) This happens both posted and unposted.

2.) It happens both from the entry screen and the email batch screen.

3.) We don’t use payroll or HR.

4.) We are still currently using MAPI – the transition is happening TO exchange, it just hasn’t yet. Emailing from GP was working fine a week ago. No configuration changes have occurred to Outlook per IT.

5.) Currently sitting on 18.41436.

I remember seeing this error several years ago and the issue resolution being something obscure, but I can’t remember what the fix was.

Thanks so much!

Kerry Hataley replied 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Beat Bucher

February 7, 2024 at 10:20 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Samantha,

How do you process the SOP transaction e-mailing? are you sending them as a whole batch or individually from the SOP Entry form by using the print dialog form ?

I assume that you’re using Word Templates to e-mail out your invoices? or are there any other 3rd-party tools involved (like Adobe Acrobat or similar GP add-ons for e-mailing) ?

This kind of error messages are tough to debug, but not impossible. Have you tried to read thru this document / Article from Microsoft ? Dynamics GP Email Troubleshooting Guide – Dynamics GP | Microsoft Learn

Beat

• Kerry Hataley

Organizer
    February 7, 2024 at 10:33 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Do you have workflows or approvals turned on?

The discussion ‘SOP Email Error about Position Code’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!