Payables Error

• Payables Error

Posted by DSC Communities on December 21, 2016 at 2:25 pm
    • Kelly Hobart

December 21, 2016 at 2:25 PM

We are using GP 2015 R2.  Having a weird issue and thought I would reach out to the community to see if anyone else has any ideas on this.

We are experiencing an issue when the accounting user is wanting to view the invoice entries from the Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry window. 

When selecting the desired invoice and then clicking ‘receipt no’ the following error is then received:

‘Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field ‘POP Receipt Number’ in script ‘ENC_TRIG_InvoiceEntry_IsCostDifference_Pre’. Script Terminated.’ – Yes we have encumbrance installed.

Once you click through the error multiple times (it keeps reloading depending on the number of line items in your receipt) you can then see the receipt WITH the line items on it…  BUT if you choose one of the offending items you get “The selected record has been deleted by another user” click ok on that error and the line item you clicked on is gone!

I pulled all tables that referenced this PO Number and can not find anything that points to the error and what may be causing it!

I also ran dexsqllog and I see there it calls for the item is blank compared to one that isn’t that worked, but I am unsure as to where to look to see why it is blank…

I have been able to narrow this down to only receivings from the warehouse crew.  Does not happen in the receivings transaction entry when in inquiry.  And it does not prohibit the batch from being closed.  Once the batch is closed, the invoice is viewable with no errors!

Any thoughts on where I can look next would be greatly appreciated!

——————————
      Kelly Hobart
      Business Data Analyst
      Mount Pleasant Waterworks
      Mt Pleasant, SC
      ——————————

• Tim Williams

December 22, 2016 at 12:46 AM

When I’ve experienced this in the past it was because I did not set security to the modified window in the add on product. I’ve never used encumbrance management but I’d guess based on your description that it has a modified Payables Inquiry Zoom window (guessing a bit at the name) which has an extra field on the line window. 

A trigger script is running off the GP logic and expecting to put a value in that field when the window opens (per line) but the field does not exist on the window you have set this users security too. I’m not sure your level of comfort and expertise on the security model but I’d first see if it is just this user be sure the alternate forms and reports profile is set as everyone else (usually this is Default User) and if everyone has this issue then dig in to modified windows drilling down on default user and see if encumbrance has modified windows under the purchasing folder. 

Hope this helps

Tim

——————————
      Tim Williams
      Manager of Finance & Business Systems
      Natera, Inc
      San Carlos CA
      ————————————————————————-

• Kelly Hobart

December 22, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Tim, Thank you for the insight.  The strange part of this is that all was working find after encumbrance was installed until we added the Year End Update based on the timeline…

Again, thanks for the idea, I will trace it from that direction as well!

——————————
      Kelly Hobart
      Business Data Analyst
      Mt Pleasant, SC

• Kelly Hobart

December 28, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Appears this is a bug that Microsoft is aware of.  Thought I would update this thread in case anyone else comes looking for this issue.

——————————
      Kelly Hobart
      Business Data Analyst
      Mt Pleasant, SC

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Payables Error’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!