Open Links in GP in Chrome Browser

• Open Links in GP in Chrome Browser

Posted by Jennifer Wheeler on March 19, 2020 at 11:46 am
    • Jennifer Wheeler

March 19, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Does anyone know how to get links in GP to open in Chrome?  I have Chrome set as my default browser yet the links still open in IE.  For example, I have a shortcut to a SSRS report in My Reports but when you click on it, it opens in IE.  The issue is the report isn’t working quite right in IE but it works fine in Chrome so I would rather it open in Chrome.  

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      ——————————

• Thomas Garcia

March 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Hi Jennifer.

The link should open in Chrome if Chrome is your default browser. in the Operating System that is running GP.  This last comment was on purpose… I ran into a customer that had a similar problem and we found out that they were running GP as a remote application (via Remote Desktop).  If this is your case, then the remote GP is probably launching a remote browser session, which means the default settings must be changed on the remote server, not on your PC. We noticed while doing a remote session to troubleshoot the issue with the customer, because the icons for GP and IE showed a remote app icon.

Let me know if this is your case, indeed.

Hope it helps!

——————————
      Thomas Garcia
      ICON Business Consulting, LLC | Miami FL
      ICON, SRL | Santiago, Dominican Republic
      954-804-2140
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jo deRuiter

March 19, 2020 at 12:40 PM

and

I have a local install of GP and ALL of my defaults are set to go to Chrome and mine is also opening in IE. 

Do not have a reason yet, but I can definitely recreate this issue!???

——————————

——————————
      ——————————————-

• Thomas Garcia

March 19, 2020 at 12:54 PM

and

Uhmmm.  I tested it on my demo environment (Windows Server 2016 / GP 18.2) by switching my default browser back and forth and clicking on a My Reports link for an SSRS report and it launched the right browser every time.  I am fairly certain there is no setup in GP controlling which browser is used as default.

I guess it is time to ask both of you for specifics:
      – Operating System
      – GP Version???

Also, are you only changing the default main “Web Browser” setting on the “Choose Default Apps” window, or are you digging into the “Choose default apps by app type” link and verifying the http option there?

TG

——————————
      Thomas Garcia
      ICON Business Consulting, LLC | Miami FL
      ICON, SRL | Santiago, Dominican Republic
      954-804-2140
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

March 19, 2020 at 2:18 PM

Hi

I have GP 2016 installed locally on my computer which is Windows 10.  I did change the default main “web browser”.  I did dig through the “choose default apps by app type” and Chrome is set for http.  Normally I wouldn’t care what browser opened but I have a SSRS report that works fine in a slightly older version of IE 11 but doesn’t work in a newer version.  It works fine in Chrome so it would be nice to be able to make Chrome the default for GP and then I could open the report from GP.  Instead I am doing a workaround and just manually opening the report in Chrome.

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Frank Heslin

March 19, 2020 at 3:18 PM

Hi ,

As a different workaround from within GP, you could add a Quick Link on your Home Page to the report.  ?

——————————
      Frank Heslin
      Financial Systems Administrator
      ExamWorks, Inc.
      Atlanta GA

GPUG Advisory Committee Member
      Summit Track Leader
      GPUG All Star 2016

GP2018
      MR CU16
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Jennifer Wheeler replied 4 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Open Links in GP in Chrome Browser’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!