New Employee Training

• New Employee Training

Posted by Donald McCready on January 4, 2018 at 10:21 am
    • Don McCready

January 4, 2018 at 10:21 AM

I know GPUG has lots of training resources as does YouTube, but does anyone have tips on getting a new user up to speed on GP?

Thanks.

——————————
      Don McCready
      Controller and IT Director
      The Schaefer Group, Inc.
      Beavercreek OH
      ——————————

• Kristy James

January 4, 2018 at 11:52 AM

I’ve been watching the Microsoft Dynamic Course within imagineacademy.microsoft.com.  It’s really easy and covers a nice general overview on a lot of things.  I’ve used other ERP and financial systems, so GP seems fairly intuitive, but I’ve used these Courses to find that basic feature that isn’t where you’d expect it to be.  

With that being said, it doesn’t cover inventory or some of the more specific topics (sales tax, etc.).  But I still think this is a good start for someone who’s completely new to GP.

Also, sign up for GPUG emails and search the site.  Reading up on topics others have come across is really helpful.

——————————
      Kristy James
      Financial Controller
      Dairyland Electrical Industries, Inc
      Stoughton WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Aleiha Hanson

January 5, 2018 at 8:05 AM

Highly recommend browsing the thousands of pre-recorded webinars available that include everything from module specific to payroll to sales to navigation in GP. Also, browse any upcoming Academy classes. Your GP partner may also have some basic documentation or offer overview training to support your new employee.

——————————
      Aleiha Hanson
      IT Manager
      Royal Basket Trucks, Inc
      Darien WI
      GPUG Milwaukee Chapter Leader
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kim Peterson

January 5, 2018 at 9:22 AM

Tons of recorded webinars.  look under the series name 1,2,3 – those are meant for new users of those modules.

Back in the day we also put together series like this by role. If you look up my old blogs- you’ll find them by role.

I still might have a spreadsheet that divides up webinars when I was doing webinars by roles.  you can email me if you are interested and I’ll see if I have it on a back up.

Have them sit in on a GPUG orientation webinar – they will learn about all kinds of resources.

So exciting when new folks come into the community!

——————————
      Kim Peterson
      218-862-5002
      Kim@DynamicsConnections.com
      #KimPetersonGP
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Sabrina Zimara

January 11, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Hi Don, 

If you’re looking for hands-on training, we offer Core Financials Boot camp out of our Fargo training facility. (attendees can be remote as well) This is an in-depth week of learning the ins and outs of financials in GP from a Microsoft Certified Trainer. 

Day One: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics GP

Day Two: General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics GP

Day Three: Payables Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP

Day Four: Receivables Management in Microsoft Dynamics GP

Day Five (half day): Bank Reconciliation in Microsoft Dynamics GP

The next bootcamp starts February 26. Here’s the registration link with more info.

Happy to answer any questions you may have!

——————————
      Sabrina Zimara
      Marketing Coordinator
      DFC Consultants, Ltd.
      Fargo ND
      szimara@dfcconsultants.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Donald McCready replied 6 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘New Employee Training’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!