Invoicing lot controlled inventory failed

• Invoicing lot controlled inventory failed

Posted by Teresa Waters on March 30, 2021 at 9:58 am
    • Teresa Waters

March 30, 2021 at 9:58 AM

For the second time I have had a sales invoice not post.  The error is Unhandled database exception:  A remove operation on table ‘IV_Lot_MST’ failed because the record couldn’t be locked.  
      We delete the order and re-enter it and end up with the same error.  I’m not a SQL person, so don’t want to go there, but need to figure out what is causing these errors and how to stop them.  
      The 2 errors were on different products and customers.

Thanks,

——————————
      Teresa Waters
      Controller
      La Crosse Milling Company
      Cochrane WI
      ——————————

• Tim Foster

March 31, 2021 at 11:30 AM

Teresa,

I am a “SQL person” but will avoid going there…

Is the lot of the product you are trying to invoice very recently created?

One scenario that might cause this issue is an Inventory/Production clerk is receiving the lot that you are trying to sell and hasn’t closed the Receivings Postings Reports.  That would cause the records to be present in Inventory but still present the lock on the table/record you are trying to sell since posting is not really over until the last report is closed.  

Thanks

——————————
      Tim Foster
      Hays
      Tampa FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Silver Subie

April 1, 2021 at 10:58 AM

To add to Tim’s note…I would reconcile Inventory frequently, at least once/week if you use lot/serial tracking.  You could start the reconciling process at night before leaving the office.  Back then I also had to run check links now and then if you also use Manufacturing.

Please try in TEST first.——————————————-

Teresa Waters replied 3 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Invoicing lot controlled inventory failed’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!