GPUG Summit or Amplify Conference – which one should I attend?

• GPUG Summit or Amplify Conference – which one should I attend?

Posted by DSC Communities on January 3, 2017 at 2:16 pm
    • Bob Buresh

January 3, 2017 at 2:16 PM

Greetings,

Now that a new year is under way and you are making your 2017 plans, GPUG Summit or Amplify Conference, which one should I attend?

Of course I would recommend that you attend both conferences, but realistically – the best advice I can give is to start with the end in mind.  What is your purpose for attending a conference, what is your end game?

In many cases, companies will elect to attend both events, but may need to assess which staff attends which conference.  In any case, below is some information to help you decide!

For more information, please visit:

http://www.gpugamplify.com/home

OR

https://www.gpugsummit.com/home

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

——————————
      Bob Buresh
      Membership Manager
      Dynamic Communities
      West Fargo ND
      ——————————

• Bob Buresh

January 3, 2017 at 2:35 PM

Regardless of which Conference you choose to attend, being a paid GPUG Member provides the best value for registering along with registering during Early Bird!

Not a member yet – JOIN NOW!

——————————
      Bob Buresh
      Membership Manager
      Dynamic Communities
      West Fargo ND
      ————————————————————————-

• Blair Christensen

January 4, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Summit.  It’s hands-down a better choice for either users or admins and I would suggest decision-makers as well because you get to interact with people who use the product and see what works and what doesn’t rather than just getting constantly bombarded by salespeople.

——————————
      Blair Christensen
      Database Administrator
      Oppenheimer Companies, Inc.
      Boise ID

• Steve Burney

January 4, 2017 at 3:27 PM

Very well done Bob!

This chart that you developed helps us a lot and thank you for publishing it!

Steve

——————————
      Steve Burney
      Senior Financial Systems Administrator
      Correct Care Solutions
      Nashville, TN United States
      sburney@correctcaresolutions.com
      615-312-7272
      Twitter @SteveBurney

• Rob Klaproth

January 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM

I’ve always heard that Amplify is more “big picture”, and is more geared towards your managers who make the decisions of the future direction of technology for your company.   Whereas, GPUG Summit is USERS interacting with other USERS, and is more geared towards the system administrators, the accountants, the financial analysts, and the folks who use the software day in and day out. Don’t get me wrong, both conferences have sessions for everyone, but there are a LOT more sessions (and also pre-conference training opportunities) at GPUG Summit.
      One thing that is interesting is with Amplify they advertise “Connect with microsoft reps”, but at GPUG summit, they had a huge booth for Microsoft and I was able to meet and talk with the product managers and tech support engineers who I work with day in and day out to support GP… So I think while there may be a bigger presence of Microsoft at Amplify, there certainly was no shortage at GPUG Summit. 🙂  
      I’m hoping to attend both this year, especially since Anaheim is driving distance to my house, but we’ll see what the boss says. 🙂

——Original Message——

Very well done Bob!

This chart that you developed helps us a lot and thank you for publishing it!

Steve

——————————
      Steve Burney
      Senior Financial Systems Administrator
      Correct Care Solutions
      Nashville, TN United States
      sburney@correctcaresolutions.com
      615-312-7272
      Twitter @SteveBurney
      ——————————

• Rick Zich

January 12, 2017 at 11:21 AM

This is really good Bob!  Thanks for this as I think this question is thought of quite a bit, but not answered to it fullest.  You hit is spot on.

——————————
      Rick Zich
      President
      Coopers DIY
      Tucson AZ
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Gianmarco Salzano

January 25, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Thanks Bob – we are heading to both this year!

——————————
      Gianmarco Salzano
      Vice President
      Reporting-Central
      Tampa FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘GPUG Summit or Amplify Conference – which one should I attend?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!