GPUG 2019 All-Stars: User Member Endorsements

• GPUG 2019 All-Stars: User Member Endorsements

Posted by zgidwani@dynamicbudgets.com on August 13, 2019 at 1:33 am
    • Zubin Gidwani

August 13, 2019 at 1:33 AM

This year there are 25 User Member nominees for GPUG All-Star Awards
      Congratulations to all the nominees!
      Thank you for your Dedication, GPUG is what it is because of the Power of Us !!!

I think we need to create more infrastructure around the voting process, I’d like to see dedicated profile pages, with threaded messages to allow other members to comment on the contributions that each nominee has made to GPUG and to characterize the impact that the nominee has had on their regional chapter, SIGs, online webinars, Open Forum contributions, GPUG volunteer and committee work etc.  Some of us have crossed paths with you some have not, but I believe we can all be inspired by the impact you have had on others and the improvements that you have brought to this community.

On that note, I’d like to invite the general membership to reply to this message with your brief endorsement for nominees who have impacted you and your experience here in GPUG this past year.

If this takes off perhaps GPUG can move this to a new dedicated forum “GPUG ALL-STAR User Member Nominees 2019”

• Aleiha Hanson, Royal Basket Trucks, Inc
      • Anne Provost, TNR Technical, Inc
      • Blair Christensen, Oppenheimer Companies
      • Cecile Dinh, Airlines Reporting Corporation
      • Danny Clemenson, Progressive Components
      • Deanne Rasmussen, ePlan Partners
      • Donna Beaumier, Global Optics
      • Jackie Reckmann, Southeastern Minnesota Center for Independent Living
      • Jackie Yip, Genoa Healthcare Company, LLC
      • Jason Zonts, Oneblood, Inc
      • Jeff Pfershy, BlueJay Solutions
      • Jessica Gorski, Data2 Corporation
      • John Arnold, US Digital
      • Katie Graves, Illinois Credit Union System
      • Kelly Hobart, Mount Pleasant Waterworks
      • Kyana Brooks, EIZO Rugged Solutions
      • Kyle Malone, CGB Enterprises, Inc
      • Laureen Mobley, Jacksonville Zoological Society
      • Rebeccah Grimes, Tech24
      • Rhonda Runde, Explorer Pipeline Company
      • Sandra Phillips, Sunrise Safety Services
      • Sara Flaws, ADO Products
      • Sean Reynolds, MIC Global Services
      • Tasha Orange, US Assure
      • Tiffany Ziegler, Velcor Leasing Corporation

As a reminder, you can submit your votes here
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GPUGAllStar2019Voting

Voting Ends August 30, 2019

——————————
      Zubin Gidwani
      Dynamic Budgets, Founder
      GPUG All-Star
      ——————————

• Aleiha Hanson

August 14, 2019 at 7:43 AM

that is a great idea! Sometimes people recognize names from the discussion boards or because they know them locally, but it doesn’t give the overall vision of why the person is fit to be an All-Star. As an example, I don’t personally know well, but I do know that her, and I were the only Emerald users last year, such an honor! And and are fellow Chapter Leaders who rock the Midwest! Congrats to all! ?????

——————————
      Aleiha Hanson
      Royal Basket Trucks, Inc – IT Manager
      GPUG Milwaukee WI Chapter Leader
      ahanson@royal-basket.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Nancy Edwards

August 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM

This is a great idea.  I look forward to getting to know some of these people more!  That being said, I only know one of these people personally, so I’ll tell you what I know about him.

Blair Christensen is one of our chapter leaders here in Idaho.  We only have two, so he does a lot of work to keep our chapter going (they both do!).  He has a talent for making people feel welcome at our meetings and a vested interest in making the meetings successful and valuable to our members.  He is a genuinely kind man who truly has everyone’s best interest at heart.  If he can help you, he will.  If he can’t, he will try every trick he knows to find a way to help anyway.  He has a thirst for knowledge and a love for sharing what he learns; he has a teacher’s heart and will be presenting at Summit this year.  He contributes to a conversation, but never assumes he knows all the answers, and is interested in what others have to say.  He is active on the discussion boards, offering extra information or solutions whenever he can.  He is enthusiastic about the GPUG community and is a strong advocate in encouraging others to actively participate in whatever way they are comfortable.  Overall, he is a great example of what a GPUG All-Star is to me.

I was happy to see that someone else values his contributions as much as I do and nominated him!

——————————
      Nancy Edwards
      Director of Operations
      H&W Computer Systems, Inc
      Boise ID
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Steve Erbach

August 14, 2019 at 11:22 AM

The name at the top of that list of nominees is ?also at the top of mine: . It’s hard to imagine anyone who could have ?picked up the ball from  (GPUG All Star 2013; GPUG Chapter Leader of the Year 2016) as the leader of the Award-winning Milwaukee GPUG Chapter ???better than Aleiha. Her energy and enthusiasm are infectious. Attendance at the Milwaukee Chapter continues to be strong and, with the help of  (another GPUG All Star nominee) and the fine people at Epic Systems, meetings have expanded to the Madison, WI, area.? On top of that, there’s Aleiha’s spear-heading of the Milwaukee/Chicago Regional Chapter meeting this Friday. In concert with (yet another GPUG All Star nominee) of the Chicago Chapter, the registration list is up to 80. Aleiha is also one of only five Richard Whaley Award winners;? a Dynamics GP Credentialed Professional; and a webinar and Summit presenter. And, oh, she won the Emerald Award last year at Summit.

I would love to see Katie win the GPUG All Star Award, too… but for all the reasons above, I think Aleiha deserves to win in 2019.

Sincerely,??

——————————
      “Sparkly” Steve Erbach – Green Bay, WI
      Co-Chair, GPUG WI (Green Bay) Chapter
      Blog: https://www.gpug.com/blogs/steve-erbach
      Twitter: twitter.com/serbach

—————
      Excel Webinar List as of 22-Mar-2019
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jo deRuiter

August 14, 2019 at 11:44 AM

I am a Partner, but as a regular contributor myself, I am on GPUG’s site a LOT.  Many of the above may be heavily involved LOCALLY in their chapters, but the users I see helping the ENTIRE community are:

(she helps with questions and concerns and is heavily involved in an awesome REGIONAL meeting in Chicago)
      (He is ALWAYS on here helping out users in the forums and his responses are always spot-on)
      ??? (He is also on the boards and helping frequently)
      (He is also out here giving awesome help to all end users)

I entered my votes!  ?

——————————

——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kayla Schilling

August 19, 2019 at 3:04 PM

I nominated as she created and runs the Seattle Chapter. Jackie continues to work tirelessly to ensure that the meetings are successful, and that there is a community for GP users here in Seattle.

???

——————————
      Kayla Schilling
      The Resource Group
      Renton WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Brian Lambertz

August 21, 2019 at 10:34 AM

Hello Zubin,

Thank you for starting this thread, what a great way to endorse volunteers that the community may not know from the open forums.  There are many volunteers that are unable to contribute to the forums regularly however they are working hard to help organize local chapter meetings, regional meetings, or they are producing great presentations for chapter meetings and Summit.

One such individual I would like to introduce is  from ADO Products, she has been part of the Minnesota Chapter team for many years now and helps organize chapter meetings and line up great presenters for our meetings.  In addition to those contributions Sara will also be presenting at Summit this year.  Sara is one of the rising stars of GPUG and she deserves your All Star vote!

Sincerely,?

——————————
      Brian Lambertz
      Business Analyst
      Connexus Energy
      Ramsey MN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

zgidwani@dynamicbudgets.com replied 4 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘GPUG 2019 All-Stars: User Member Endorsements’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!