GP 2018 Web Services Server Requirements

• GP 2018 Web Services Server Requirements

Posted by David Morinello on December 30, 2022 at 11:56 am
    • David Morinello

December 30, 2022 at 11:56 AM

Can some provide me the OS and hardware requirements for the GP 2018 Web Services Server? I lost some of my old notes and it’s harder to find nowadays..

Can I run it on Windows Server 2016? 2019?
      8 GB RAM, 16 GB? More?
      2 Processors enough?

——————————
      David Morinello
      Senior Developer
      TruckPro LLC
      Cordova TN
      ——————————

• Derek Albaugh

January 3, 2023 at 6:33 AM

The system requirements for Web Services are pretty much the same as the regular requirements for Dynamics GP:
      System Requirements for Microsoft Dynamics GP | Microsoft Learn

Only the Web Components/Web Client/SBA have different requirements:
      System Requirements for Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Components | Microsoft Learn

Thanks

——————————
      Derek Albaugh
      Sr. Support Engineer
      Microsoft
      Moorhead MN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• David Morinello

January 3, 2023 at 8:13 AM

Thanks Derek!

It seems almost every search for GP Web is overwhelmed by GP Web Client results for quite a while, since that client was released.

If I do two processor, 8 GB, that would be enough? Or 16 GB?
      OS of Windows Server 2016 (for GP 2018 R2) or can we use Windows Server 2019, to make my Systems people happy?

——————————
      David Morinello
      Senior Developer
      TruckPro LLC
      Cordova TN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Derek Albaugh

January 3, 2023 at 8:41 AM

For Windows Server 2019, you must be on at least 18.2.1013 for Dynamics GP. For Windows Server 2022, you must be on at least 18.5.1556, per the System Requirements.

For CPU/RAM requirements, 2 GB ‘available’ RAM (not ‘Total’) and 1 dual core or 2 single core CPU is the requirement, however, keep in mind that the System Requirements are the minimum specifications that Dynamics GP and related applications will run on, your environment may require more depending on things like number of active users logged in at the same time and the amount of processing going on during that time.

——————————
      Derek Albaugh
      Sr. Support Engineer
      Microsoft
      Moorhead MN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

David Morinello replied 1 year, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘GP 2018 Web Services Server Requirements’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!