GP 2013 Correct Name in Yr End Wage File

• GP 2013 Correct Name in Yr End Wage File

Posted by DSC Communities on January 24, 2017 at 9:36 am
    • Hayley Tester

January 24, 2017 at 9:36 AM

I need to correct the last name on a W2 in my 2016 Yr End Wage file.  It’s been corrected on the card.  When I’m in Edit W-2 and pull the individual up, it won’t let me correct the spelling.  I have an IT person that works here and can get in the table.  Is that the only way to correct the spelling?

——————————
      Hayley Tester
      Superior Forestry Service
      tilly AR
      ——————————

• Leslie Vail

January 25, 2017 at 3:22 AM

The only other way to change it is to change it on the Employee Card and then recreate your year-end wage file. Having your IT guy changing at the SQL level will be the way to go.
      Leslie

——————————
      Leslie Vail
      Accounting Systems Consulting, Inc.
      Dallas TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Windi Epperson

January 25, 2017 at 10:10 AM

Hayley,
      If you do decide to remove your year end wage file and rebuild it (not hard to do) then make sure you know what tax update you have installed.  If you’ve installed the 2017 round one update, those tax rates will be used when you recreate your year-end wage file and it can create quite a few issues.  You want to make sure you are recreating the year-end wage file with the year-end update tax rate info.
      Thanks
      Windi

——————————
      Windi Epperson
      President/GP Senior Consultant
      Advanced Integrators, Inc.
      Norman OK
      405-946-1774 Ext 102
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Leslie Vail

January 26, 2017 at 3:08 AM

To my knowledge, the only tax information that is captured by the year-end wage file is the FICAM and FICAS information. Since 2017 is not the same as 2016, you’ll want to edit the numbers to match the 2016 figures. After editing the tax table, you can go ahead and reproduce your year-end wage file. Don’t forget to switch the tax table back to the 2017 values after you have created your wage file. The income tax withholding percentages shouldn’t have any affect on the year-end wage file.
      Kind regards,
      Leslie

——————————
      Leslie Vail
      Accounting Systems Consulting, Inc.
      Dallas TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 6 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!