Free Refreshable Excel based Re-forecasting Tool for GP

• Free Refreshable Excel based Re-forecasting Tool for GP

Posted by zgidwani@dynamicbudgets.com on April 1, 2020 at 11:30 pm
    • Zubin Gidwani

April 1, 2020 at 11:30 PM

Dear GPUG Community,

We scrambled this week and put together a FREE basic Excel Forecast Template for you that links to your live Dynamics GP data.
      Feel free to download the excel file, ask your IT team to give you read-only permission to the GP database, open the excel file, change a few parameters, hit the refresh button and after a few other steps you can be up and running in a few minutes. The template blends Actuals YTD through March, Budget for the remaining months, allows you to change projected values by % and/or a dollar value.

Here is a 10-minute overview video of what the Excel template has to offer and the installation and setup process.
      Overview and Install Instructions for Non-Power Query Version

Install Instructions Only for the Power Query version of Excel

This runs on plain vanilla Excel, no special add-ins, no plugins, just what you already have.
      Link to your database, hit refresh, enter your values, and then you can use this to generate the data to import back into GP and run your Management Reporter validation reports.

There are 2 attached files:
      one for Excel users who have Power Query Installed
      and one copy for Excel users without Power Query

Simply download the applicable attached template,
      follow the instructions, and begin re-forecasting

Again Click Here for the installation Video

if you need assistance and help getting this template installed: call 650-332-6650 ext. 204 or 
      Schedule a  Meeting with this link. 

Stay Healthy,
      The Team at Dynamic Budgets

#Budgeting #TipsandTricks #Accounting

——————————
      Zubin Gidwani
      Founder
      Dynamic Budgets
      San Francisco-Bay Area CA
      ——————————

• Noah Moseley

April 2, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Great budgeting/reforecasting tool for trying times, Zubin. Thanks for sharing with the community.

——————————
      Noah Moseley, MSX Group Senior Consultant
      Academy Instructor for Management Reporter
      Noah.Moseley@MSXGroup.com

View our GPUG Partner MSX Group listing: https://www.gpug.com/engage/findacompany/companyprofile?UserKey=275d1f3a-73b4-4a58-b0d8-7395d682dbc3
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Abra Gilman

April 3, 2020 at 3:24 PM

Thanks for sharing this re-forcasting tool Zubin.

I was able to follow along in your excel spreadsheet to quickly create new spreadsheets to send out to users for updating their new budgets.
      I admit I have only tried it against a sample database, but I did use MY company database, MY budget ID, and the periods I wanted to look at for budget vs. actuals.

Thanks again for being a team player!  Remember to get some rest!

——————————
      Abra Gilman
      Dynamics GP Practice Manager
      GPUG All*Star
      Collins Computing, Inc.
      Dynamics GP ERP Partner
      Bend, Oregon (Headquarters in Southern California)
      http://www.collinscomputing.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jay Manley

April 3, 2020 at 4:04 PM

When I approached Zubin with the concern that I was going to have to copy our existing budget, create a new one, edit every assumption line, and save it, I was disheartened from the level of effort to do this as we have a fairly complex budget.  Instead, he told me that he had a new tool that would help me with this.

While I’m still working on getting all of my reforecasting done, I like the way this tool works.

Thanks Zubin!!!

——————————
      Jay Manley
      President
      Mekorma
      Fargo ND
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Sally Higgins

April 3, 2020 at 5:51 PM

Thanks Zubin – this is terrific!

——————————
      Sally Higgins
      efs consulting, inc
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

zgidwani@dynamicbudgets.com replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Free Refreshable Excel based Re-forecasting Tool for GP’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!