Dropship box on sales transaction entry window

• Dropship box on sales transaction entry window

Posted by DSC Communities on December 2, 2016 at 3:30 pm
    • Curt Bluhm

December 2, 2016 at 3:30 PM

We recently upgraded to GP2016 and started using the drop ship box on the sales transaction entry window for items we are drop shipping to a customer.  We had this option before but never utilized it very extensively. 

Upon our making this change, I’ve noticed a change in how things are flowing thru to my general ledger. 

The short version of my question is this:

On an item card set up (if anyone out there is using the drop ship box), I’m curious what GL account code you are using on the item card for the drop ship items line.  Is it an inventory account, a COGS account or is it some other account?

I have a long explanation for why and what I’m trying to do, but I thought I’d start small and work my way up to the crazy insane things we do and why.

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

——————————
      Curt Bluhm
      Controller
      ADO Products LLC
      Plymouth MN
      ——————————

• Thaddeus Suter

December 5, 2016 at 8:30 AM

From a purely financial accounting perspective, the Drop Ship Items Account on an Item card is an Asset Account falling below Physical Inventory and above PPE if used for Drop Ship Inventory and your supplier terms are FOB Shipment w ASN. FOB Destination gets more murky and you would not be the first to make it a COGS account and make corresponding AAP, Unbilled Revenue and Unbilled Receivable accruals.

——————————
      Thaddeus Suter
      Retus, Inc
      Helotes TX
      ————————————————————————-

• Marilyn Long

December 6, 2016 at 1:51 PM

We just use a clearing account for both the vendor and customer invoice distribution account for inventory. Sometimes we have to clear a few cents from clearing account but has worked well for 10 years. mll

——————————
      Marilyn Long
      Controller
      Variety Pet Foods
      Englewood CO
      ————————————————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Dropship box on sales transaction entry window’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!