Checkbook register balance and Cash balance do not reconcile

• Checkbook register balance and Cash balance do not reconcile

Posted by DSC Communities on January 13, 2017 at 10:25 am
    • Annette Ankou

January 13, 2017 at 10:25 AM

I need help figuring out how to search or lookup the original amount that was setup when creating the cash account.

Checkbook register and cash balance in G/P amounts are not in balance, but the cash account balance agrees with the bank statement balance.I check all transactions on both reports (checkbook register and cash transactions) are matched.  I am suspecting that the original balance might be the issue.  I don’t know how to trace that amount in G/P.  Please inform.
      Thanks

——————————
      Annette Ankou
      ASHLIN Management Group
      Greenbelt MD
      ——————————

• Martha Machado

January 16, 2017 at 1:18 AM

Has the checkbook been reconciled to GL cash before? What you’re describing would be the case if the company had been reconciling the GL cash account to the bank statement outside of the system.

——————————
      Martha Machado
      CPA / Consultant
      CPA Projects
      Pompano Beach FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Nancy Edwards

January 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM

Make sure all of your financial batches have been posted. 

Also, we had this problem when we started a new company database the first year we used GP2013, and we too suspected it had to do with the original set up entry.  We verified the numbers and could not figure out where the difference was, but when we did the end of year close in the financial module it reconciled everything and we haven’t had the problem since.

Good luck!

——————————
      Nancy Edwards
      Accountant
      H&W Computer Systems, Inc
      Boise ID
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Darryl Turner

January 16, 2017 at 11:03 AM

Although this doesn’t help your current issue, I would question whether there is any value in reconciling your bank statement to your checkbook in Dynamics GP.  If you only have one bank account per GL account, then really you just need to reconcile the bank account to the GL account (one reconciliation) instead of the bank account to the Checkbook and the Checkbook to the GL (two reconciliations).
      This is why, when I was a Dynamics reseller I always set my customers up with Encore Bank Reconciliation.  No more worry about using Bank Transaction Entry, Bank Transfers, etc.  Anything that posts to the GL account shows up in the Encore Bank Rec.  It has made things so much easier for my customers for 20+ years.

——————————
      Darryl Turner, CPA
      I.T. Manager
      Nuna Logistics Limited
      Edmonton AB
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kathi Jack

January 16, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Have you used the Reconcile to GL tool?  It’s under Tools>Routines> Financial.

That can be a great way to isolate your problems

Kathi

——————————
      Kathi Jack
      Accounting Manager
      Cable Television Laboratories, Inc.
      Louisville CO
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Leslie Vail

January 26, 2017 at 11:51 PM

I will also vote for the Reconcile to GL Routine. A key thing to using this tool is that the start of your period, no matter what it is, needs to have balanced to the GL. So, if you have never reconciled them, start at the very beginning.
      Kind regards,
      Leslie

——————————
      Leslie Vail
      Accounting Systems Consulting, Inc.
      Dallas TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 6 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!