Can’t Save Reports from GP to Network Drives

• Can’t Save Reports from GP to Network Drives

Posted by Jennifer Wheeler on May 25, 2017 at 8:32 am
    • Jennifer Wheeler

May 25, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Just last week we started having a problem with saving our EFT file to the network.  Below is the error we get.  Before last week we never had an issue with saving the file.
      IkXOgf5ESiCV6LSoHlpG_eft-nosave.jpgThe path is correct.  What is weird is our Safe Pay file saves to the same location and that works fine.  We also can’t save any reports to the network mapped drives.  This is the error we get when we try and save reports.
      xzWZ3sssTSmx36urOfrY_report-nosave.jpgWhen we get this error it does save a file with a size of 0.  I have found if I try and run a report and have it save to the network and I choose ‘append’, that I first get this error then if I run the report again, it will save.  It won’t save if I choose ‘replace’.  This just started happening last week.  From what I am seeing online it isn’t a GP issue but an issue with the network.  I am trying to get our tech support to look into this but they insist it is a GP issue. We don’t use a terminal server and have GP installed locally on everyone’s computer.  This is happening for all users.  We are on GP 2015 R2.  We can save files to the C drive but can’t save to the network mapped drives.  Anyone seen this before and know what the fix is?   

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Applications Solutions Administrator
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————

• Matthew Arp

May 25, 2017 at 8:34 AM

Definitely sounds like an internal network issue. I always find approaching IT and asking what has changed in the past week, then go from there.

——————————
      Matthew Arp
      Business Systems Developer
      Hunton Group
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

May 25, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Thanks but I tried that.  Just might have to pay for a Microsoft support case to prove to them that it is not a GP issue and is something on the network before they will do anything.

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Tom Franz, CPP

May 25, 2017 at 12:20 PM

I have seen similar issues with network drive visibility to Dynamics GP (and other applications). Oftentimes, this can be corrected by running Dynamics GP “as an administrator”. Right-click on the shortcut to launch Dynamics GP and select to run as administrator.

Hope this helps.

——————————
      Tom Franz, CPP
      Client Engagement Manager
      Integrity Data
      Lincoln IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

May 25, 2017 at 1:50 PM

Thanks for the tip but that didn’t work.

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Beth Burrell

May 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Can you save locally?
      Can you save to the network drive from Excel or word or other apps?
      Does the network drive map as a drive letter or the UNC path (\servernamesharepath)?

Try manually mapping a network drive with the drive letter Z or something not used and see if you can save to that.    

GP used to have a problem saving to the UNC names but havent’ tried that in awhile.

LMK the answer to the questions above and I can probably help solve the issue.

——————————
      Beth Burrell
      CRM Customer Success Coach
      Tribridge
      Tampa FL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

May 26, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Hi Beth

We can save to the C drive.  Can save to the mapped network drives from Excel, Word, everything else.  Did try and change it to save to a UNC path instead of the mapped drive and still didn’t work.  We had someone do some changes to the network on the evening of the 16th and the morning of the 17th we started having the problem with saving files.  The person swears what they changed would not cause this issue.  Going to have to corner this person and make them look into this since we have ruled out everything else that might be causing it.

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Beat Bucher

May 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Hi Jennifer,
      This can be very insidious to figure out.. especially as it stopped to work for everyone about a week ago and you did no changes to GP..
      I’d bet on some Windows security updates or changes in network access shares in your company..
      As Beth suggested, there are a few basic steps you can take to validate those points.
      Good luck.

——————————
      Beat Bucher
      Business Analyst, Dynamics GP MVP
      Ultra-Electronics Forensic Technology Inc.
      Montreal QC/Canada
      +1-514-489-4267
      @GP_Beat http://dyngpbeat.wordpress.com/
      Montreal QC GPUG Chapter Leader
      GP2013R2 / MR2012 CU14
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jennifer Wheeler

July 13, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Well, it took almost 2 months to get this fixed but wanted to let everyone know in case this happens to someone else what ended up being the issue.  It ended up being an issue with the antivirus on the server where we were trying to save reports.  We tested this by turning off antivirus on the server and we were able to save reports.  So, when we found that out, our internal tech support made a change with the antivirus software so that it was still running but we could still save reports.  I don’t know what was changed (they won’t tell me) but thought this piece of info would help someone else out if they ever ran into this.

Thanks!

——————————
      Jennifer Wheeler
      Dairy Farmers of America
      East Syracuse NY
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Thomas Hill

July 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM

Thank you for following up with your solution.  I have had the same problem with GP not seeing mapped network drives.  The most reason was when I printed checks last week.  I printed the paper checks.  I printed to a text file the remittance (a network file in Folder – A).  When I selected to post which is to a different file in Folder – A, no network drives.  Literally that quickly. 

It is a peculiarity of GP that can be most inconvenient.  I am making a note for myself to talk to our Network Administrator. 

——————————
      Thomas Hill
      Accounts Payable – Expense Processing
      M&A Technology, Inc.
      Carrollton TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Jennifer Wheeler replied 6 years, 12 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Can’t Save Reports from GP to Network Drives’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!