Cannot add someone to a Company

• Cannot add someone to a Company

Posted by Eddie Madera on January 9, 2024 at 2:27 pm

Hello! Happy day to all.

I am a Sys Admin for GP 2016. I can see all companies. However I cannot add a user to a certain company. I did not create this company, it was created by someone else that has admin rights. How would I as an SA add someone else to that company. I successfully added myself, the SA account. Thanks!

Eddie Madera replied 3 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Morinello@mttsvc.com

January 9, 2024 at 3:47 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

When you create a GP Account, GP creates a SQL login (only usable from the GP Client., so it’s safe)

Assign the appropriate and necessary GP Security Roles to that GP account name.

–> In SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) find that same name, as a SQL level login, and assign it the “sysadmin” SQL role. That account will now be able to add users inside GP (User Setup) and Assign Access.

Again, this account is still secure and safe because the login is encrypted and only accessible with the GP Client.

• Jo deRuiter

January 10, 2024 at 12:29 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Eddie,

Sounds like the person that created the new company took a copy of an existing company? If that is the case then the user may already have a login currently for that SQL company – You would get a message like ‘Can’t Add User’ in the company assignment window.

All you have to do is go into SQL to the new company- pop down the database areas (Tables,Views,Security, etc) NOT the main security window for ALL of SQL, but the databases security area – in there delete the existing security for that user ID, then go into GP and NOW you can add them to the GP company.

The discussion ‘Cannot add someone to a Company’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!