Restrict Shipment of Item to Specific Days of a Week

• Restrict Shipment of Item to Specific Days of a Week

Posted by Raheel Rao on July 20, 2020 at 4:10 pm
    • Raheel Rao

July 20, 2020 at 4:10 PM

Hello all,

Has anyone run into a scenario where we would want to restrict certain items from shipping on certain days of a week? For example, restricting a frozen item from shipping beyond Wednesday so that it doesn’t sit in transit during the weekend. 

First trying to explore if there is a non-dev way I can handle this with out of box options. Example, i’m looking at working time templates but don’t see a way to create specific calendars and setting them item specific.

Let me know what your thoughts are. 

Thanks,

Raheel

——————————
      Raheel Rao
      Solution Architect
      Hickory Farms
      IL
      ——————————

• Colby Gallagher

July 20, 2020 at 9:17 PM

Hi Raheel, 

I’ve always met this requirement by setting product filter codes on the Released Product -> Warehouse mgmt fast tab -> code 1,2,3 or 4 to “Frozen”, then having my release to warehouse batch jobs for Thursday and Friday exclude frozen items.   

I’ve also had clients that have to pick frozen items separately from dry goods into freezer carts for the truck and have used product filter codes to split the work off in case you have that scenario too. 

——————————
      Colby Gallagher
      Managed Application Services Supervisor
      RSM
      OH
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Raheel Rao

July 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM

Thanks for your reply Colby. A little update on the requirement, when saying restrict, we want to restrict at the sales order entry so that the user gets to know the item won’t ship out on specific days. In that case, user can change the shipdate to something that would not be a restricted date or change mode of delivery such that it will not cause the package to be in transit during the weekend.

——————————
      Raheel Rao
      Solution Architect
      Hickory Farms
      IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Raheel Rao replied 3 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Restrict Shipment of Item to Specific Days of a Week’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!