Purchase Agreements AX2012 vs D365

• Purchase Agreements AX2012 vs D365

Posted by Erick on March 13, 2023 at 7:18 pm

Hello all,

We have recently migrated from AX2012 to D365, and we have noticed a difference between AX and D365 and I am hoping we have a configuration issue in D365 and not that the AX functionality doesn’t exist in D365.

In AX, if you have a Purchase Agreement setup for item/vendor for a specified time frame, from 1/1/2023 to 3/31/2023. You then firm a planned purchase order to deliver outside of the validity period, the purchase order is not linked to the PO. However, if you change the PO delivery date within the validity period, an Infolog appears “A matching agreement line has been linked to the PurchLine.”

In D365, it appears we have the exact configuration as AX2012, however, when we perform the same operation as stated above, we don’t receive the Infolog as in AX2012.

Your help would be appreciated.

Kelly Gustafson replied 1 year, 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Aaron Back

March 14, 2023 at 9:10 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

@kellygustafson or @CrystalAhrens might have insights on this.

• Kelly Gustafson

March 15, 2023 at 4:35 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi Erick, my guess is that this is something that was designed custom for your environment. We typically don’t see the table name (i.e. PurchLine) in standard infologs. I did some testing in D365, and while the system does attach Planned orders to the appropriate Purchase agreement, it does so without any fanfare or messaging. Should it? Perhaps! But that’s a different conversation. 😄

The discussion ‘Purchase Agreements AX2012 vs D365’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!