Prevent Report as finished quantity to exceed Production Order Quantity

• Prevent Report as finished quantity to exceed Production Order Quantity

Posted by Patrick Perlas on September 26, 2022 at 5:25 pm
    • Patrick Perlas

September 26, 2022 at 5:25 PM

We are on D365 FO version 10.0.28 PU52.

In Production Control recently, a user was able to post a Report as Finished Journal for a quantity that exceeded the quantity on the Production Order.  The Production Order Quantity was 7 and they posted a Report as Finished (RAF) Journal for a quantity of 8.

Is there any way to prevent this?

I read somewhere that AX2012 will allow that if in the RAF journal setting, the “End job” parameter is not checked and the Accept error parameter is checked.  In D365, I don’t see the “End job” parameter, but our Accept Error parameter is set to “Yes”.  Is this what allows the additional quantities?  If we set that to “no”, what will it impact?  

What is the best way to prevent the RAF journal from producing more quantities than what is on the Production Order?

Thanks.

Patrick

——————————
      Patrick Perlas
      Energy Recovery Inc
      San Leandro
      ——————————

• Samantha Mattson

September 27, 2022 at 8:17 AM

Patrick, 

Do you have quantity validations configured under the production order defaults within the manufacturing execution setup?

Thanks,
      Sami

——————————
      Samantha Mattson
      Business Analyst, Industrial Technology Group, formerly Pettibone LLC
      The Heico Companies
      Warrenville IL
      smattson@pettibone.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Patrick Perlas

September 27, 2022 at 12:42 PM

Hi Sami,

Thanks for your response!  I’m assuming you want to see the setting for “Accept surplus production”, it is set to “No” (screenshot below).  

Is there anything else I should look at?  I also noticed that in the “Report as Finished” section, in the Report as Finished Journal, “Accept error” is set to “No”,

however in the Production control parameters section, this is set to “Yes”

Will this cause a conflict?  On the journals I’ve looked at, Accept error is set to “Yes”, so I guess it’s pulling from Production control parameters for it’s default.

Thanks.

Patrick

——————————
      Patrick Perlas
      Energy Recovery Inc
      San Leandro
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Samantha Mattson

September 27, 2022 at 12:57 PM

Patrick, 

you should be able to toggle the validate feedback quantity to yes and then you can choose how you want the system to validate the quantity. 

——————————
      Samantha Mattson
      Business Analyst, Industrial Technology Group, formerly Pettibone LLC
      The Heico Companies
      Warrenville IL
      smattson@asg.heicocompanies.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Patrick Perlas

September 29, 2022 at 11:44 AM

Hi Sami,

Thanks for your assistance!  

Much appreciated.

Patrick

——————————
      Patrick Perlas
      Energy Recovery Inc
      San Leandro
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Patrick Perlas replied 1 year, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Prevent Report as finished quantity to exceed Production Order Quantity’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!