PowerApps with D365 Finance and Operations

• PowerApps with D365 Finance and Operations

Posted by Julie Husted on July 21, 2020 at 4:58 pm
    • Julie Husted

July 21, 2020 at 4:58 PM

I created a simple PowerApp to return a list of our F&O vendors with search capability. I want to share the app with a controlled list of coworkers who simply need an updated vendor list at times.  It appears that in order to use the PowerApp, a coworker has to be a user in F&O. Is there any way around this? Can I some how embed a log in to the PowerApp so that it bypasses the need to be an F&O user?

???

——————————
      Julie Husted
      Financial Application Manager
      ALAS Ltd.
      Chicago IL
      ——————————

• Juan Sebastian Grijalba

July 27, 2020 at 8:19 AM

Hello,

Unfortunately if you build the PowerApp in top of a D365 F&O data entity or using the D365 F&O connector then consumers need to have access to D365 F&O source data in order consume the app. As a work around, and for your purposes this might work, then I will built a flow to export the vendor list into a SharePoint list, have that flow update the list on a schedule and then build the app in top of the SharePoint list. Now you can control all the security using SharePoint and the office 365 license should cover all users.

——————————
      Juan Sebastian Grijalba
      Berkowitz Pollack Brant
      Miami
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mike Hammons

July 28, 2020 at 9:23 AM

HiJulie,

Take a look into using Data Integrator and import the Vendors from Finance into the Common Data Service.

The docs here should get you started.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Mike

——————————
      Mike Hammons
      Director, Business Intelligence
      AKA Enterprise Solutions
      GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Julie Husted replied 3 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘PowerApps with D365 Finance and Operations’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!