Phantom Items

• Phantom Items

Posted by Patrick Perlas on October 10, 2023 at 12:46 pm

I received a request from a user asking if there is any process in D365 that would switch items to Phantom if they exist on a BOM line, after they change it to Phantom on the Engineering tab of the item? I’ve tested and it doesn’t work that way, but is there any out of the box functionality that I could run that would reset the attribute to Phantom on an existing BOM line, if the item is set to Phantom in the Engineering tab?

Thanks.

Patrick

Drew Lencsak replied 4 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Crystal Ahrens

Organizer
    October 31, 2023 at 5:01 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@andrewlencsak can you help them out

• Drew Lencsak

January 4, 2024 at 12:30 pm
      Up
      Down

Sorry for the months late reply, I had access issues 😅 Dave’s reply sounded like it answered the question. I’m not sure if there is any sort of workaround like trying to use the “Change BOM item” function under Product Information Management > Periodic > Bills of materials and formulas > Change BOM Item functionality to replace the phantom item with itself on BOM lines after the change was made or if that does not work.

• Dave Phillips

November 5, 2023 at 10:51 pm
    Up
    Down

Hi –

The Phantom designation on an Item only carries to new BOM (Formula implied) lines that are created. It does not retroactively update existing BOM or Production BOM lines. This scenario is best handled by an Engineering Change (if live) to rev the changes. BTW, make sure the Item setup is consistent with Phantom (e.g. don’t designate the Item as Purchase in Order Settings). The same advice applies to BOM lines and Production (Batch Order) BOM (Formula) lines. You could create a runnable class. The four main BOM tables are BOMTable (header), BOMVersion (version), BOM (lines), and PRODBOM (Production Order lines). Have a look at BOM and PRODBOM (BOM snapshot used by Production). Pay keen attention to the Production Order Status if looking at PRODBOM (Estimated Status is when the BOM gets exploded). The phantom field is an Enum. If ECM is enabled, it’s possible there is another BOM related table or two. I have not looked into that.

Thanks……Dave

• Patrick Perlas

December 19, 2023 at 11:55 am
      Up
      Down

Thanks for your reply Dave. Much appreciated.

The discussion ‘Phantom Items’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!