Linking directly into a purchase order detail in D365 from external application

• Linking directly into a purchase order detail in D365 from external application

Posted by Zvika Rimalt on July 12, 2019 at 8:31 pm
    • Zvika Rimalt

July 12, 2019 at 8:31 PM

Hi All,

We are thinking to take advantage of the “web” nature of D365.

We use a home grown application for traffic planning. When a user looks at product quantities that are supposed to arrive to the warehouse, and list of purchase order numbers, we want them to be able to open a browser window with D365, opening that particular purchase order.

Now, it is simple to use URL manipulation to open D365 in a particular company, and for the Purchase Order list by opening the URL such as :
      https://MYCOMPANY.dynamics.com/?cmp=DDDD&mi=PurchTableListPage

but is there a way to open a particular PO, and in “details” mode?

Zvika

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————

• Neill Riordan

July 14, 2019 at 6:56 PM

Hello Zvikz,

I actually have been asking this same question of our tech team last week around supplier details as i wanted a link to take a user from a business alert created in teams to the created record.  Unfortunately we arrived at the part where we would have to create a bit of custom work for this. The link you find in the notification now is actually created on the fly in code so can not be replicated using the URL.

I have just looked back to Murry Fife’s video on business events and he appears to have created a link back in to D365 for a supplier so either this is some smoke and mirrors or it is possible.  I will dig some more

——————————
      Neill Riordan
      Dynamics 365 Solution Architect
      IBM
      Watford
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Zvika Rimalt replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Linking directly into a purchase order detail in D365 from external application’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!