Kits and Substitutions – mPOS

• Kits and Substitutions – mPOS

Posted by Rod Helmick on March 31, 2021 at 1:16 pm
    • Rod Helmick

March 31, 2021 at 1:16 PM

I’ve setup Kits and also assigned substitution items for the kit.  Released the kits to my legal entity and ran all my distribution schedule jobs to update my channel database.

When I go into POS, I can select the kit to sell and I can also select the kit and disassemble it.   However, I’m not getting any prompt or indication on the substitution items associated to my kit that I can swap out for.  Not sure if I’m just not executing the POS checkout properly or if there is a config that I missed somewhere. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

——————————
      Rod Helmick
      RTHGlobal, Inc
      Cave Creek
      ——————————

• Peter Ramer

April 5, 2021 at 3:31 PM

Hi Rod,
      I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe substitution is supported at the MPOS, like it is on the call center form.  Using the MPOS, you can add to your transaction any item that would like, regardless of whether it has a positive inventory in the system or not.  So the system doesn’t try to substitute the item.  The idea is that even if the inventory level is 0 at the store’s warehouse, you might have ‘found’ a product, and so the system is still going to let you sell it.  If your inventory goes negative, you can then do an inventory adjustment to move it back to 0.

——————————
      Peter Ramer
      Manager
      RSM
      Greenwood Village CO
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Rod Helmick replied 3 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Kits and Substitutions – mPOS’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!