Integrating 3rd party eCommerce with D365 F&O

• Integrating 3rd party eCommerce with D365 F&O

Posted by Zvika Rimalt on August 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
    • Zvika Rimalt

August 11, 2020 at 5:03 PM

Hi All,

We are in the process of re-building the interface from our home-grown eCommerce system into D365 F&O.

I am curious to learn from the experience of companies in the same situation (so using a 3rd party e-commerce platform, and integrating it into Dynamics ERP) – what “technical” architecture approach did you take to integrating the systems?

Did you use the retail server?
      Did you create “retail” transactions?
      or did you simply create sales orders directly in D365?

Zvika

——————————
      Zvika Rimalt
      Functional Consultant
      Vancouver BC
      ——————————

• Rich Kasten

August 12, 2020 at 8:05 AM

Good morning,

In the past, I used an ISV for D365FO. It was setup to create sales orders directly into D365. In doing so, we had to sync the customers as well as items to the ISV solution web application. We did not use the retail piece at all – ours was setup more as a B2B model making it easier for the buyers in our distribution channel.

——————————
      Rich Kasten
      ERP/EDI Manager
      Guy and O’Neill, Inc.
      Fredonia WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Steve Carter

August 19, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Hi Zvika,

I would agree with Rich as far as integrating from the 3rd party system to D365FO. Keeping the customer master and item master in sync is key and then integrating orders to D365FO and creating sales orders in the ERP is what we have done for other clients. If this is a consumer model, I recommend investigating the Retail version. There are options there to help manage channels/customer service and stores. There is also an eCommerce platform on D365 if you are not committed to another 3rd party platform yet.

——————————
      Steve Carter
      PCS Senior Consultant
      Blue Horseshoe
      Carmel IN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Zvika Rimalt replied 3 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Integrating 3rd party eCommerce with D365 F&O’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!