GL Journal Restrictions – Workflows

• GL Journal Restrictions – Workflows

Posted by Rod Helmick on January 4, 2024 at 2:27 pm

Currently we have workflows that are turned on for Invoice Matching, GL Journals, Movement, Adjustments and Transfer journals and would like to only restrict GL journals from allowing the same person who enters it, being the same person to Approve their own. I know there is an option to prevent this but unfortunately it is global and impacts all workflow processes. I only want to prevent this on the GL journals only. Any thoughts on how this can be accomplished without impacting the other workflow processes?

Crystal Ahrens replied 3 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Crystal Ahrens

Organizer
    January 8, 2024 at 6:31 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

They only way I know To prevent the same person from entering and approving a GL journal in D365FO without impacting other workflows, we can consider creating a custom workflow condition. This condition would be specific to the GL Journal workflow and would check if the user initiating the workflow is the same as the one assigned for approval. If they are the same, we can automatically route the workflow to a different approver, ensuring separation of duties. However, please keep in mind that i this solution will require development resources this is not out of the box it will take an extension

• Rod Helmick

January 17, 2024 at 10:41 am
      Up
      Down

Thanks Crystal. I’m thinking this may be the only option to do this and I do like that idea of creating a custom condition. Have you or know of anyone that has done this?

• Crystal Ahrens

Organizer
    January 27, 2024 at 2:10 pm
    Up
    Down

Yes we have , I would be happy to talk off line with you about it

The discussion ‘GL Journal Restrictions – Workflows’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!