Generate Recurring Invoices

• Generate Recurring Invoices

Posted by Kim McDonald on January 27, 2023 at 2:59 pm
    • Kim McDonald

January 27, 2023 at 2:59 PM

We use the Free Text Invoice invoice template for recurring monthly invoices for 200-500 customer invoices per legal entity, across quite a few legal entities.  We are finding that generating these invoices take a long time. For example 425 invoices took 6 hours to generate for one month’s billing.  

Does anyone else have this performance issue?  We spoke to Microsoft on it, but their answer was to break the templates into smaller groups, but that will require more hands on keyboards to initiate and then post the invoices, not to mention multiple workflows to approve for others. It’s just not feasible to break them up unfortunately.

Thank you for any input you can provide!

——————————
      Kim McDonald
      VP of Accounting and Support Services
      Associa
      Dallas TX
      ——————————

• Phil Dawson

January 29, 2023 at 4:44 PM

Hi Kim,

This probably won’t help you right now, however Microsoft are releasing new features posting performance for Free Text invoices.  I don’t think it is going to be generally available until later this year (it is available for preview now).  There was a tech talk about in November last year (see the link below).

https://community.dynamics.com/365/dynamics-365-fasttrack/b/techtalks/posts/free-text-invoice-enhanced-posting-performance—dynamics-365-finance-and-operations-november-15-16-2022

Cheers
      Phil

——————————
      Phil Dawson
      Sunpork Fresh Foods Pty Ltd
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kim McDonald

January 29, 2023 at 9:09 PM

Thank you Phil.  I did see that presentation, but I think it was focused on the posting of free text invoices.  I look forward to that feature once it’s GA’d, but I didn’t see where it would impact the creation/generation of recurring invoices unfortunately.

——————————
      Kim McDonald
      VP of Accounting and Support Services
      Associa
      Dallas TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Kim McDonald replied 1 year, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Generate Recurring Invoices’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!