Financial Reporter Report Definition Locked by One or More Schedules

• Financial Reporter Report Definition Locked by One or More Schedules

Posted by Ben Bolden on August 2, 2023 at 2:39 pm

We have certain report definitions that are locked to users with a designer role in financial reporter. Has anyone else run into this issue? This error does not occur to users with system admin roles.

The error message reads “Report XXX is locked by one or more schedules. Do you want to open in read-only mode?” The user seeing this message has the appropriate roles to maintain and edit the reports but is stopped by this error message each time.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Ben Bolden replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mark Zerr

August 3, 2023 at 3:54 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

My first thought would be to check out items to clear it. However you make this sound likes its happening randomly for different users. <font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”>My next </font>thought<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”> would be to restart the </font>financial<font color=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)” face=”inherit”> reporting services in LCS. It’s been a little while sense I have had issues but thinking it restarts all report services including MR. Hope you find a answer, these kind of issues are puzzling.</font>

• Ben Bolden

September 15, 2023 at 8:45 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Thanks @mark-zerrdroneup-com! I had cleared all checked out reports while trouble shooting and even unprotected reports and definitions, but still saw the error pop up for users listed as designers and below. I also found report schedules that had been activated around the time the error started occurring. I thought that was the issue and deactivated those schedules, but still see the error.

I will try restarting the report services in LCS to see if that clears the prompt for my users. I may also try a data mart reset if all else fails before reaching out to Microsoft for assistance.

The discussion ‘Financial Reporter Report Definition Locked by One or More Schedules’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!