Custom Printed Forms ISV?

• Custom Printed Forms ISV?

Posted by Chris Lewis on January 30, 2024 at 3:17 pm

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with an ISV for handling custom printed forms. We have standard Invoices, commercial invoices, shipping docs, etc. in D365. These cover 90% of our customers.

We have a few customers who have special requests that we need to satisfy for compliance reasons. We’re trying to see if there’s some ISV out there that will allow us to generate these custom versions without requiring development inside of D365 itself.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of someone you’ve used? Just to clarify, I’m not looking to outsource development, I’m looking for a 3rd party solution that will allow us to select these additional fields and generate printed forms.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Drew Lencsak replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Suf Hayes

January 30, 2024 at 3:27 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

It’s not necessarily the easiest to understand, but MS has a full featured custom form engine (Electronic Reporting / Customized Business Documents) that could require some knowledge of the D365 data architecture but can be used to create fairly specific documents based on varying requirements. It’s not at all the easiest to navigate, but most things can be done in there without any X++ development.

• Chris Lewis

January 31, 2024 at 9:05 am
      Up
      Down

Thanks, Suf! I’m going to dig into this a little bit more.

• Sarah Poe

January 31, 2024 at 8:55 am
    Up
    Down

Docentric. The tool itself is easy to use and has a lot of great functionality. They are also one of the BEST ISV’s we have ever worked with. They are very responsive and are great to work through any issues or general ideas/questions with you.

• Chris Lewis

January 31, 2024 at 9:05 am
      Up
      Down

Hey Sarah, thanks for the reply! I will check them out!

• Drew Lencsak

February 2, 2024 at 12:22 pm
    Up
    Down

Agree with Sarah. We use Docentric with most of our implementations. They have a free version and a more advanced version that you can purchase.

The discussion ‘Custom Printed Forms ISV?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!