Copying Project timesheets

• Copying Project timesheets

Posted by Patrick Perlas on December 18, 2023 at 4:19 pm

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

We use Project Timesheets and submit them weekly. To expedite the process of creating a timesheet, we are looking into the “copy” function. What I am finding is, my “source” timesheet has to line up with my “destination” timesheet, in relation to the work week. e.g. If I am creating a timesheet for 12/18/23-12/24/23, I am able to copy a November timesheet with a work week of 11/20/23-11/26/23. If my source timesheet’s work week is say, 11/6/23-11/12/23, the timesheet lines aren’t copied to the destination sheet.

Is this standard functionality, or is there a setting that I am missing that prevents copying timesheets/timesheet lines from a dissimilar date range for the work week?

Thanks.

Patrick

Crystal Ahrens replied 3 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Patrick Perlas

December 18, 2023 at 4:20 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

I forgot to mention, we are on D365FO version 10.0.34 PU58 (in case that makes a difference).

Thanks.

Patrick

• Crystal Ahrens

Organizer
    January 27, 2024 at 2:13 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

I found that the function does not always would well. there may be a setting not right but if it not working all of the time that is most likely the case. I would get a ticket in with MS so the can review with the issue ,

The discussion ‘Copying Project timesheets’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!