Cannot create a record in Additional vendor (VendRequestAddVendor) error message

• Cannot create a record in Additional vendor (VendRequestAddVendor) error message

Posted by Erick on March 26, 2020 at 3:22 pm
    • Erick Stebbings

March 26, 2020 at 3:22 PM

We received this error message today, “Cannot create a record in Additional vendor (VendRequestAddVendor). Additional vendor: 5637290083, ####.  The record already exists.” when our purchasing team was trying to release a vendor from one company to another.  In the past, we have never had an issue, until today.  The odd thing about it, we don’t use the Vendor Request functionality.  I looked to see if any vendor requests existed in the two companies, however, all is blank.  I have provided a screenshot, hoping someone else has had this issue and know how to fix it, and if they know what caused the error from the start?  Any assistance you can provide would be much appreciated.??

——————————
      Erick Stebbings
      Senior ERP Process Leader
      ——————————

• Nanditha Kini Mukerjee

April 3, 2020 at 2:36 AM

Hi Erick,

This looks straight up to be a number sequence generation issue. Could you:

1. Go into the number sequence master (in both legal entities), and do a clean up of two number sequences. The issue could be with either of the two.
          a. The vendor account number sequence.
          b. The Party ID number sequence.
      2. Also ensure that number sequence of the second legal entity is not set to manual. Because then the system cannot generate number sequences for you.

Also do let me know if this works for you! 🙂

——————————
      Nanditha Kini Mukerjee
      Senior Manager- Presales
      Synoptek
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Erick replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Cannot create a record in Additional vendor (VendRequestAddVendor) error message’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!