What shipping solution do you use with Beck Pack-N-Ship?

• What shipping solution do you use with Beck Pack-N-Ship?

Posted by DSC Communities on January 21, 2017 at 1:52 pm
    • Jeffrey Mantz

January 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM

Out of the box, the Beck Pack N Ship integrates with Ship Rush. For various reasons Ship Rush does not meet our needs. Has anyone interfaced Pack N Ship with another solution? Which ones?

——————————
      Jeffrey Mantz
      Zefon International
      ——————————

• Alex Chow

January 23, 2017 at 12:04 PM

You’ll need to ask Beck to see if they support any other shipping software. Beck’s add-on ranges are in the 30 million ranges so that means no other NAV partner or developer can modify their code. So you’re really stuck with whatever they provide you.

The alternative to Pack N Ship would be Lanham’s E-Ship.

——————————
      Alex Chow
      Dynamics NAV MVP
      AP Commerce
      Los Angeles CA
      Blog: http://www.dynamicsnavconsultant.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeffrey Mantz

January 23, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Beck does not themselves, but you can connect it yourself to another solution, which is why I am asking. I was wanting to know if anyone else had done it and what solution they used.

——————————
      Jeffrey Mantz
      Zefon International
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ian Ray

January 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM

I am not aware of integration with alternative software. I looked a couple of years ago, so it may be different now.

Could you expand on what the reasons are that ShipRush does not work? I am curious as I may have had some similar issues. One issue was correct box dimensions for the dimensional-weight pricing structure at Fedex and UPS (since this became imperative in 2014), but we worked around that by separately barcoding dimensions. Another challenge was the requirements for line haul shipping.

——————————
      Ian Ray
      Cypress Grove
      Arcata CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeffrey Mantz

January 23, 2017 at 9:11 PM

The main reason Ship Rush does not work for us is carrier support. We require DHL and also require AES Direct integration. Ship Rush, at least in the desktop version, does not support either. There may be more reasons but those were enough to not look into it further.

——————————
      Jeffrey Mantz
      Zefon International
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Bob Cole

January 24, 2017 at 7:44 AM

Dynamics NAV Addons has Easy Ship, which interfaces with Pacejet – a different web shipping application – which does interface with DHL and over 50 other carriers.  It also allows for unlimited/custom package dimensions.

——————————
      Bob Cole
      Managing Director
      DynamicsNAVAddons
      Longwood FL
      407-260-0834
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ian Ray

January 24, 2017 at 5:10 PM

For what it’s worth, Shiprush desktop can be configured to use a service named “Endicia” which supports DHL Global Mail.

Buy Online Postage, Stamps, Shipping Labels & More | Endicia

Integrated Partner: ShipRush | Endicia

Have you looked into this? It is possible that this could be accomplished with setup as opposed to any modification. I have admittedly not tried this as we do not ship with DHL.

——————————
      Ian Ray
      Cypress Grove
      Arcata CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jason Feusner

January 23, 2017 at 1:17 PM

We switch over a year to go from Lanham’s solution to ChargeLogics shipping solution as it added a huge benefit of being live with UPS, FEDEX and USPS communications and rates..  No more uploading rate tables weekly to adjust for fuel surcharges.

——————————
      Jason Feusner
      I.S.A. Corporation
      Salem OR
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeffrey Mantz

January 23, 2017 at 9:12 PM

That’s useful to know on the Lanham solution. Chargelogic shipping does not have all the carrier support we would need.

——————————
      Jeffrey Mantz
      Zefon International
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Mary Lanham

January 26, 2017 at 4:27 PM

Since E-Ship was mentioned, I’d like to clarify some facts here. With regard to loading rates from UPS, we have not moved solely to UPS Web Services yet because we do not want to leave behind our many customers that use Hazardous Materials, Hundred Weight, and World Ease, all of which are not currently available in UPS Web Services. We have released UPS SurePost in Web Services, and are in beta with our UPS Ground with Freight Pricing via Web Services. As UPS moves more of their functionality to Web Services, we will do the same, maintaining UPSlink for the services that are not available on UPS Web Services.

——————————
      Mary Lanham
      COO
      Lanham Associates/Lanham Services
      Norcross GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘What shipping solution do you use with Beck Pack-N-Ship?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!