What Can NAV do for Service

• What Can NAV do for Service

Posted by MAHMOUD ELGENDI on April 16, 2018 at 10:09 am
    • MAHMOUD ELGENDI

April 16, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Dear Experts, 

I am searching for some documents explain what NAV 2016 “or older” Service Department can do, and some documentation of the full features and capability.

I don’t mind if there is a book to purchase.
      Screenshot of Service Department NAV 2016
      Thanks in Advance for your kind support

——————————
      MAHMOUD ELGENDI
      NAV User willing to be Consultant
      ——————————

• Cynthia Priebe

April 16, 2018 at 10:28 AM

For older NAV versions MSDN is still a good source of information.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicsnav-2016/hh178221(v%3dnav.90)

——————————
      Cynthia Priebe, MCTS, DCP
      Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager
      Liberty Grove Software
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ben Baxter

April 17, 2018 at 8:35 AM

NAV can do a lot for service, assuming your service matches the intended purpose of the functionality.

In my humble opinion, NAV’s Service covers two main applications and can be used in some variations.

1.) You perform an as needed service (time & material) on a product/system/facility that either you or a competitor sold to your Customer.

2.) You perform planned services (contract) on a system/facility/product that either you or a competitor sold/installed for your Customer.

Both of the above areas assume the service is performed quickly (very short duration).  There are other types of service work you can track, but they can often stretch the capability of Service.

I don’t know of a particular book, but I’m sure there are a lot of online resources and your partner should be able to assist with learning as well.

Lastly, with new versions of NAV and the ability to use NAV on mobile/phone devices it opens up a broader application of the Service capabilities.

——————————
      Ben Baxter
      Consultant
      Accent Software, Inc.
      Carmel IN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

MAHMOUD ELGENDI replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘What Can NAV do for Service’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!