US Companies in CA Tenant – handling 1099 vendors

• US Companies in CA Tenant – handling 1099 vendors

Posted by David Laster on July 3, 2024 at 7:49 am

Stuck on a growing problem and seeking advice. I have a Dynamics 365 Business Central tenant in Canada. However, in that tenant I also need to have a US-based, US Dollar-denominated company, where we pay vendors and 1099 contractors each week. We also have to report on their 1099 earnings and print forms at year end. The problem is the Canadian tenant does not have 1099 fields or reports so how can we accomplish this?

Seems Microsoft could allow this feature to be enabled but has not done so.

I understand the next best options are to create a customization or perhaps locate a reliable extension on AppSouce. We do not want another US-based tenant.

But I am curious about the community’s experience with this.

If you have this situation, how are you handling it now?

If you are not yet live on BC, how will you be dealing with this issue?

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Steven Chinsky MVP replied 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Cliff McDaniel

July 5, 2024 at 12:18 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@SteveChinsky @RobbDelprado Do you have any experience with this and could assist with David post?

• Steven Chinsky MVP

July 5, 2024 at 12:52 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

David,

I have had the same just backwards, meaning, I have had customers with US environment and had a Canadian operation and created a Company within. You can setup the Sales Tax, in the US Company and also setup that company to reflect USD and additional currency for CAD. Not sure if you are consolidating but that can be done in BC too.

If you want to chat, reach out.

Steve

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!