The Service Principal Name (Delegation) configuration has been set incorrectly

• The Service Principal Name (Delegation) configuration has been set incorrectly

Posted by Lewis Rosenberg on April 6, 2023 at 10:51 am

Hello Everyone,

We’re running BC14 on premise with the RTC and we use Windows Authentication.

I have one user working remotely who is getting an error when trying to open the BC client. The error is “The Service Principal Name (Delegation) configuration has been set incorrectly.” No one else has this problem.

We have confirmed that her VPN password matches her Windows Active Directory password. I also flushed her DNS which resolved this for one of our associates in the past, but it did not resolve the connection issue this time.

I changed her ClientUserSettings.config file to use “UserName” authentication instead of “Windows” authentication. This worked but she now has an extra step starting BC as it checks her ID and password.

Has anyone seen and resolved this issue before?

Lewis Rosenberg replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Joseph Flynn

April 6, 2023 at 11:28 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Lewis,

I’ve had issues in the past with SPN taking time to resolve due to “Time to Live” issues.

Also, it could be on the cache of the browers. If using Edge try edge://net-internals/#dns to flush the cache on the browser.

Joe

• Lewis Rosenberg

April 6, 2023 at 5:17 pm
      Up
      Down
      ::

Thanks, Joe. I don’t think it is a browser issue because we are on the role Tailored Client for BC 14 on premise.

The discussion ‘The Service Principal Name (Delegation) configuration has been set incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!