Subcontract Manufacturing (Purchase) Costs

• Subcontract Manufacturing (Purchase) Costs

Posted by Lewis Rosenberg on February 8, 2023 at 2:25 pm

Hello Everyone,

We were recently testing subcontract production in BC14 and noticed that the work center costs were not being copied to our purchase orders. After some testing, I discovered that the cause was that we had the Unit Cost Calculation field on the posting tab of our Work Center card set to TIME and not UNITS. Once changed to Units, everything worked as expected.

My question is what is the purpose of the TIME setting and how do you get a PO cost when the Unit Cost Calculation is set to TIME?

A tip for anyone else setting this up: If you check the Specific Unit Cost field on the Work Center Card, the PO cost will come from the Routing instead of the Work Center.

Amanda Mayer replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Amanda Mayer

February 10, 2023 at 12:28 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Lewis,

I’m guessing when you built the Routing you did not enter any run time for the operation that used the Subcontractor work center, correct? Although I agree most subcontractors charge a per unit price, with run time associated to that work center I’d expect it to create the PO based on that.

Amanda

The discussion ‘Subcontract Manufacturing (Purchase) Costs’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!