Record Links

• Posted by DSC Communities on January 17, 2017 at 2:07 pm
    • Imran Khan

January 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Hello

On the Customer Card there are links where files are stored. We have recently changed the paths for the documents stored. 

As we have many links on many customers , whats the easiest way of change the paths? For example for above I would like to change it do D: instead of C: . I can easily do that for one but we have many more and user do not want to change one by one. 

I can only think of doing a codeunit to loop through record link table and changing the paths. Is there any other way? 

Thanks

——————————
      Imran Khan
      Dynamics Nav Developer

——————————

• David Wiser

January 17, 2017 at 4:49 PM

The Record Link table (2000000068) does allow pasting into it.  I had to do that recently also.  I first copied the lines out to excel, deleted the lines from the table, used the replace functionality within Excel to replace “C:” with “D:” in the url field, then pasted them back into the table.  Just make sure no one adds new records while doing this or you will have to readjust for link ID’s.

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Meenakshi Singh

January 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM

Hi Imran,

you don’t need to write a codeunit, you can make the needed change using a processing only report to delete existing links and add new ones with new path or modify existing links..

or as Dave suggested if it’s just a matter of changing the path in Excel and then copy/pasting it in NAV. 

Meenakshi

——————————
      Meenakshi Singh
      Manager of Business Applications
      Home Market Foods, Inc.
      Norwood MA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Record Links’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!