Production order detailed calculation

• Production order detailed calculation

Posted by Elizabeth McQuiston on April 7, 2024 at 1:37 pm

Is there a report to show ACTUAL production order cost posted to the G/L similar to the “Prod. Order – Detailed Calc. Report” that shows the EXPECTED cost based on the BOM? Even better is there a report that shows both side by side?

Sean Nguyen replied 2 weeks, 6 days ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Chris Warren

April 7, 2024 at 4:49 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

While it’s not a report to compare all production orders, have you checked out the “Statistics” tab on a Released or Finished Production order? It sounds like this would show you the information you’re looking for.

We’ve used this during financial audits to prove our costing methods for our Items/Work Centers/Machine Centers. I’ve also managed to recreate this in PowerBI and Jet Reports to get the report that you’re looking for in a single spreadsheet, since I have yet to find an OOTB report from NAV/BC that can do this.

• Elizabeth McQuiston

April 7, 2024 at 4:53 pm
    Up
    Down

Thanks Chris, I do know about the Statistics Tab, but what I need is the detail – right now I’m going into the item and filtering on the consumption entries by production order and creating a pivot table – its time consuming. I’ll put it in as a suggestion to Microsoft. I was just hoping there was already a report.

• Chris Warren

April 7, 2024 at 4:56 pm
      Up
      Down

Do you have Jet Reports or PowerBI? I can write up a guide on how to do this on either platform.

I definitely agree that there should be a standard report to do this!

• Elizabeth McQuiston

April 7, 2024 at 5:03 pm
    Up
    Down

I do have Power Bi

• Sean Nguyen

April 9, 2024 at 7:17 pm
    Up
    Down

You might want to check out under Manufacturing/Costing/Reports/Production Order Statistics. It lists every order along with its expected and actual costs, broken down by material vs capacity vs overhead etc.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!