ON PREM to CLOUD

• ON PREM to CLOUD

Posted by Marni Stallings on March 16, 2023 at 10:55 am

New to the group…several asks:

1) I wanted to connect with anyone that has gone from BC On Prem to BC SAS/Cloud. How “easy” was it?

2) Has anyone been successful in adding edit in excel on prem? We cannot get it to work.

3) Has anyone been successful in connecting Outlook with BC on prem? Also cannot get it to work.

I thought I would come here first before paying more to our VAR

Chris Warren replied 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Greg Alford

March 16, 2023 at 11:07 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

We are still on premise. We have successfully added edit in Excel for those users where the permission has been granted. We have not tried to connect BC to Outlook. We have Microsoft’s CRM linked to both BC and Outlook. That is addressing all of our connectivity needs.

• Marni Stallings

March 16, 2023 at 11:50 am
      Up
      Down

Thanks for the feedback…did you run into this issue when setting up? If so, what was the resolution? We have followed the instructions, then get this response when trying to go through assisted setup.

• Marni Stallings

March 16, 2023 at 12:08 pm
      Up
      Down

I apologize, I misread your reply. We cannot get Edit In Excel to work. Did you work with a VAR to setup? We are trying to setup in our TEST environment first, but they are telling me that it is all or none…Considering the power behind this functionality, it is important we test it first, so I am hesitant to give them the go ahead and enable it in LIVE and TEST. Any insight you have on your experience would be appreciated.

• Kris Ruyeras, Microsoft MVP

March 16, 2023 at 10:04 pm
      Up
      Down

You can set up BC on Outlook for onprem. Assuming you’ve already installed the add-in but can’t get it to connect. (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/admin-outlook).

There are several things you will need to configure within Exchange online. A little bit more hoops to go through but it is possible.

• Greg Alford

March 16, 2023 at 12:37 pm
    Up
    Down

Since there is a new permission set for Edit in Excel, we were confident in having it enabled. Our partner Innovia completed the setup for us.

• Greg Alford

March 16, 2023 at 2:33 pm
    Up
    Down

Version 20 – Spring 2022

• Chris Warren

March 17, 2023 at 1:51 pm
    Up
    Down

We’re also on BC OnPrem and use Edit in Excel, in addition to SSO. What step of the setup process are you on?

We’re not utilizing any of the Outlook functionality so I can’t speak to that.

The discussion ‘ON PREM to CLOUD’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!